Extended warranty

Busanova

Donating Member
Registered
Hi Everyone,
My K8 Busa will be 1 year old in February and I need to make a decision on
the extended warranty. She is stock mechanically and likely to remain so.
Changes made are bolt ons like Helibars, Seat, Zumo, and soon HID.
Does anyone have anything good to say about the extended warranty?
Will they cover most things on a fairly stock unabused bike? Or will they try to weasel out of covering repairs based on B.S. reasons?
I keep my machines a long time. If I go extended it will be the 5 year plan.
What should I do?

I would not do it.
I had both fork seals go at the 14 month mark and the Suzuki Factory Extended Warranty didn't cover it.
I think if it doesn't break in the first year, then it will probably last a long time.
JMO

Rule of thumb: If you pass on buying all the extended warranties offered with everything you buy, you'll likely save enough to cover the cost of any problems that do arise.

And remember, the vendors keep selling these plans b/c they are profitable (read: waste of money for the buyer) for the seller, not b/c they're lookin' out for us owners.

Best of luck!

Mine was only 600 so i figured that it really doesnt matter, gonna pay for that sucker for 5 years anyway.

suzuki warranty coverage has not had the best of reviews... abuse, neglect, not our fault seem to be a common thread

suzuki warranty coverage has not had the best of reviews... abuse, neglect, not our fault seem to be a common thread
+1, If it runs for a year! the rest is abuse as far as they think! Time to get it is at the time of purchase as a deal maker.

I think the factory boys think "Hey we are doing great on the extended warranty profits" Should be more of a customer satisfaction issue than a profit center IMHO... I have read about literally dozens of transmission failures and 1 guy that got it warranted... if it was not such a common failure, i would think different but sounds to me like they hosed more than one guy over on the warranty then bailed on the fix...

I have heard nothing good about Suzuki warranty work in general. In fact, I've never heard much good about Suzuki dealership work period.
Busa is so over built, take care of maintenance, and your bike in general, if it hasn't broke in the first year, it'll last for ever. Save your money on the warranty for oil changes and tires.:thumbsup:

I'd never buy extended warranty for anything I buy new. Did it once for a new 89 Mustang GT and never used it. Ever since I have never wasted my hard earned dollars on extended warranties and have never needed such.

Don't do it. Plus if you need help on your Busa ... there are plenty guys here on the Org that would happily help you out for free or next to nothing.

Back