Extended tail?

Ragu585

Registered
So just a little info this is for my 08 Busa drag bike. I have a 12" extended arm coming on back order and Its over a month away fml. I want this bike slammed to the ground. I have a 2" pain and no exhaust in the way. So my question is how long of a tail do I need so the tire wont hit? I would like for this bike to be done soon but this arm is holding everything up.

I didn't want to go that big lol. I was hoping to be able to use one that keeps the stock solo cover and sub frame.

sorry I thought you had more of a race bike than a street bike. You might be able to get away with a +6 street tail. It'll bolt up to the stock subframe. You'll may have to jack the rear a little for clearance.
I didn't want to go that big lol. I was hoping to be able to use one that keeps the stock solo cover and sub frame.

if you're 12 on your arm, you're not going to be able to run any less than a 10 over tail if you're low. get over it, you have a sidewinder, flat pan, no oil cooler and tons of wheelbase, it's not a street bike anymore and it'd suck to ride on the street anyways. besides, no girl wants to ride on the back of a bike with a sidewinder pipe ha.

The arm is already ordered so 12 over is where it will be at. I have 10 over on my 1k for the street and I enjoy that so I don't think 2" more will make a big difference. The Busa will be mostly for the track bit I do plan on taking it out every once and a while. I guess ill have to wait for my arm to come in and measure it up to see what will work.

It will be 4" more. The busa is 2" longer than the 1k.

photo-5.jpg

photo2-6.jpg

this is 66" wheelbase (8 over) with a 6 over airtech tail. I'm only 160 lbs, I had to crank the rear quite a bit to keep from ripping the tail light out. You will not be slammed at 70" with a 6 over street tail. I believe 6 over is the longest you can get with a passenger seat provision, that's why I say that.

09 and 02 both 6 inches over with extended tail section - don’t know if the squat on the 09 will catch yet- but we will see

5D322E96-B387-4185-9722-2A2E20E6E5C5.jpeg

B06E7F16-7890-4825-9A89-5A07B71F62C8.jpeg

Back