Exit to turn 4, on the front straight, just before the start finish line....

DrivesDadCrazy

Saiid's Awesome Son
Registered
Is where I was yesterday for the Ford 300 in Homestead with my dad (Blanca Busa).
Man it was cool. Those cars had spoilers on them and this makes them go realllllllll fassssssssst!!!!
I had so much fun, was a good boy and wore my headphones because those things are loud!
It was also my moms first time to a NASCAR race. Boy was she impressed. She did ask my dad why the police kept coming out onto the track with their lights on? After pops explained to her it was the pace car we had a good laugh at her expense. As usual something I can't stand to see on tv kept me captivated the whole time in person. Same goes for my mom.

Here's some pics for you folks. It was a beautiful 70 or so degrees.

Slice of pizza and a sprite before the race while pops had a few others things in green cans...
Ford300-Homestead111911002.jpg

Ford300-Homestead111911042.jpg

Start of the race
Ford300-Homestead111911017.jpg

Cuban Dragon sighting...
Ford300-Homestead111911044.jpg

Beautiful night for a race...
Ford300-Homestead111911025.jpg

Man that was fun and yes my Mohawk looks cool even with muffs on....
Ford300-Homestead111911053.jpg

Here's a YouTube video of the last few laps as well as the super cool fireworks show afterward...

Thanks dad, these are memories that will last forever :thumbsup:

I'm just like you. I can't watch it on tv, but love it in real life. You have a cool dad. I bet you and your mom loves him very much for taking you all.. :thumbsup:

Yep he loves me sooooo :)

Talking about me and the race in his sleep last night :)

It was fun and when he grows up I hope we can look back on this and smile.
It was cool and unlike Daytona there ain't a bad seat in the house. I was supposed to drive one of the driver intro trucks around the track but didnt make the final cut. I did win right to drive driver intro car around track on Friday night but could not get down there.

Back