Exhaust

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
I was reading warbaby's post on exhaust

and one of things that I always questioned. We always talk about dyno numbers but a dyno isn't really accurate...unless you do it in a wind tunnel using ram air.

I was pretty keen on getting a set of HMF high risers (dual) but after reading warbaby's post (sure seems like he knows what he's talking about) and his personal performance vs. dollar preference being BDE...I decided to check in on BDE and see what they had to offer.

I must admit, their 4-1 system looks pretty attractive, cosmetically and performance wise. And one thing I particularly liked is the they sell Power Commanders with maps for their system.

Not only for their system but "roughed" out on a dyno then fine tuned on the track/strip.

I looked at their before/after dyno of the gsxr1000...it gained 22hp...that aint bad.

I wonder if the 4-2 HMFs can keep up with the BDEs performance wise. I'm betting probably not. I like the HMF high rise look more so I guess it comes down to priorities...

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149233435 -->

priorities...preference....whatever you want to call it....I care more about the way my busa makes me feel when I get to see it than I do anbout +/- 5RWHP between systems.

I bought the HMF dual lowmounts...and cant wait to get them on there one day. I just don't have the time.

go with your gut, unless you feel the busa isn't fast enuf already...?

priorities...preference....whatever you want to call it....I care more about the way my busa makes me feel when I get to see it than I do anbout +/- 5RWHP between systems.

I bought the HMF dual lowmounts...and cant wait to get them on there one day.  I just don't have the time.

go with your gut, unless you feel the busa isn't fast enuf already...?
That's true, excellent point...5hp give or take is not going to make or break anything, not to mention...I'm not much of a racer anyway. I have the most fun riding on a deserted road with no one but me.

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149236523 -->

I have the BDE and love it. But my priorities were as follows ...
-performance
-sound
-looks
The only reason I got the polished version is incase I ever decided to polish my bike ... which I did not long ago.

If you care about performance ... and this is my personal suggestion ... get the BDE or the 'Povic. If you are going for looks, HMF highmount is the way to go.

I have the BDE and love it. But my priorities were as follows ...
-performance
-sound
-looks
The only reason I got the polished version is incase I ever decided to polish my bike ... which I did not long ago.

If you care about performance ... and this is my personal suggestion ... get the BDE or the 'Povic. If you are going for looks, HMF highmount is the way to go.
+1

Back