HMF dual exhaust

prstyle69

Registered
Are there any members who have the HMF dual high mount full system exhaust on their bikes. If you do how does it work for you? Does it have good sound and performance? Is the install simple and doe the system require any tweaking in order to work well for the busa in other words is it a clean install?

Ive got it, love it. Does take a little time to get it installed. Love the sound. had it over two years now and love it everytime I go out.

NitrousJunkie's pic. I haven't heard them yet, nut I love the look
biggrin.gif

SHould have mine in a couple of weeks.

NJ_Busa.jpg

The sound is awesome. I get nothing but compliments. I had one guy tell me he could always tell how close i got behind him by my deep growl as I approached him.
Performance is impressive as well. Added some HP and the bike seems to run a smidge cooler as the spent gasses are evacuated quickly and efficiently. Could be my imagination but that's why I said "Seems".
The install is not easy by any stretch of the word. Plan on 5 to 8 hours if you are a perfectionist like me. There is a lot of tweaking and twisting and thinking and reading of the provided directions. Follow the Directions and at the end of the day you'll be absolutely thrilled and the compliments won't ever stop flowing. When you are done it is VERY clean looking.

busafrr.GIF

Get it, you will love em. I love the sound and looks of my Dual High Mount system. And with the PCIIIUSB and a good map it will have one of the best HP increases of any system out there. Installation is a biotch but if you follow the instructions it's not too bad. Just take time to fine tune the fit. Make sure all the pipes have clearance. If installed right it will be a perfect fit and won't melt or rub anything.

David

Love the sound and the performance, as above mention make sure you line everything up or else you'll burn you plastics. Also make sure you put heat shielding on the bottom part of your farings and change your lower back faring (the one that's close to the rear tire to a Tiger Wing) it's made of alum and will not burn your oem will burn even with the heat shield. New plastic $100 Plus and the Tiger Wing was only $40.00 Plus. Hope this helps

Do a search and you will find lots. Most people, including me, love them. But most people warn about the difficulty of the installation. I had mine professionally done, and they were not happy after they finished.

Have an org member here who has the HMF bolt on mufflers and I like the sound, not too loud, but sound good.

Love it and have never before this thread heard of tuning problems. Mine ran strong with the "stock bike pc map" and with a good map it pulls like a freight train.

Just got the pipes in today. That's what I was wondering.

Dynojet has no map for the HMF dual pipes? So do I use the stock map?

nope, what are your mods and which power commander are you using? if I have a map that fits your needs I'll be happy to send it to you. I have a couple that I've received from other board members that may be similar to your setup.

Have them and absolutely love the look and sound. As people stated above, plan on the install taking all afternoon. A PC3 is also going to be a necessity as it does stumble at low rpms unless you adjust the map.

DSCF0333r.JPG

Are there any members who have the HMF dual high mount full system exhaust on their bikes. If you do how does it work for you? Does it have good sound and performance? Is the install simple and doe the system require any tweaking in order to work well for the busa in other words is it a clean install?
Just finished mine what a great sound love a bit of a workout to install but it came out well..

I think the quality is right on with the HMF's,There are more expensive out there,but I like the dual look and I'm very satisfied with the performance of the system.The welding is excellent,atleast it was on mine and the fit was perfect.It took a while to get it right, but worth the effort.If the dual look wasnt a factor, I would have spent the extra 2-3 hundred bucks and got the Evo full titanium,NJ.

Back