HMF dual exhaust

I have two questions about the HMF system.

1. I know all you bad azz riders don't care about MPG but I would like to know if after installing did your MPG stay the same, get worse or better?

2. What is involved with the installation. I mean, if the exhaust is made for the Busa, and there are directions, shouldn't the install be pretty much straight forward?

I have two questions about the HMF system.

1. I know all you bad azz riders don't care about MPG but I would like to know if after installing did your MPG stay the same, get worse or better?

2. What is involved with the installation. I mean, if the exhaust is made for the Busa, and there are directions, shouldn't the install be pretty much straight forward?
Unless you put the PC3 on it, the mileage will be the same or maybe even better.There are directions,take your time,dont get PO'd,double check all clearances near the plastic BEFORE you start and run the bike.NJ.

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132763536 -->

We ride two-up almost all the time, no heat issues at all. As mentioned, the cans don't get burning hot. I didn't notice any change in MPG. The better sound gave me a little more "sporting
smile.gif
" attitude, so maybe the gas mileage might have gone down because of that. I love the look and the sound, but I will say that the sound sounds better from behind the bike than sitting on it, in my opinion.

Unless you put the PC3 on it, the mileage will be the same or maybe even better.
NJ, are you saying my mileage will be worse if I put on a PC3.
The system is gonna free up the breathing of the engine,If you add the PC3,a good tuner will take this into consideration,add the ram air effect,thus more fuel will be needed to make HP,gas mileage will surely diminsh somewhat.Especially if you make a gear change as well.If your tuner just leans the map, that can be good to an extent, but TOO lean is not good and will lead to scorched pistons and valves.Get up with someone like johnny cheese or even Quasar on sh.org.The benefit is over whelming with a good map,I promise! NJ.

is there a bracket that holds the mid pipes coming from the foot peg assembly or are these free standing pipes? Does the bracket come with the full system or do you have to purchase it seperately. Do you have to manufacture a bracket. Also a good sound clip from any members is greatly appreciated so I can decide on which system I am going to get.

is there a bracket that holds the mid pipes coming from the foot peg assembly or are these free standing pipes? Does the bracket come with the full system or do you have to purchase it seperately. Do you have to manufacture a bracket. Also a good sound clip from any members is greatly appreciated so I can decide on which system I am going to get.
The mid pipes are free standing. The mufflers have brackets that bolt where the rear footpegs does.
Sageronin posted that he has a sound clip on his website.
Look above.

Back