Exhaust swap?

aka Danksy

Registered
I have a full system Akrapovic Titanium 4-2-1 on the 05 right now, and it sounds nice butttt,

I was considering something with a bit more bite. This exhaust really doesn't come alive until 8 or 9000rpm and at that point I'm going to fast to enjoy it.

So I was thinking about selling or trading....

any opinions?

What can I have? Idk I'm pretty open to suggestions.

Theres an full brocks alien head system a few towns over for sale for $600 I might try to scoop up though

not TOO keen on the look of it though haha

What can I have? Idk I'm pretty open to suggestions.

Theres an full brocks alien head system a few towns over for sale for $600 I might try to scoop up though

not TOO keen on the look of it though haha

That is me too Dansky....I loved the sound of the AH but just couldn't get on board with the look of the shorty...
I just broke down and installed a Yoshi TRC-D (dual tip) full 4-2-1 on my '06 last night....dyno'ing Saturday and will post up some pics this weekend sometime...:thumbsup:

Maybe take out some of the packing or some other mod to the can to make it a little louder?

Rivets hold the can together. Drill them out remove some packing. Install new rivets. Less work then installing new exhaust. Rivet guns and rivets are cheap. Just Buy a decent(no top of line) gun so it get the rivets nice and tight. Also maybe wear some work gloves as your hand will get dirty.

I have a full system Akrapovic Titanium 4-2-1 on the 05 right now, and it sounds nice butttt,

I was considering something with a bit more bite. This exhaust really doesn't come alive until 8 or 9000rpm and at that point I'm going to fast to enjoy it.

any opinions?

Was gonna go with that SAME exhaust but it took forever to come out...and ended up hooking up with a Brock's AlienHead and i am SO glad i did...had a full Akra on my CBR 1000 RR and DID love it but the AlienHead on a Busa OHHHH MY!!!!!!!!:bowdown:

any opinions?

If ya don't like the "shorty pipe look" of the AH try checking out a Brock's CT Series...avail in single or dual can...might be kinda pricey though...have yet to hear one but can't go wrong with Brock's (in my opinion)...but some of these other systems are VERY NICE and LOUD (tsukigi being one that is LOUD)...good luck

The muzzy drag pipe is cool.... if only it weren't a MUZZY:whistle:

and yet again with the alien head... I dont think its my particular swagger...

the Tsukigi on the other handddd....do they make a full pipe? is it LOUD LOUD?

WHERE ARE THE ANSWERS?!!? haha

Ill give you my Yosh TRS carbon Quick in exchange for that Alien Head!! Ill pay shipping for both of em too. I like the Akra, but ive got a 240 kit and I dont wanna cover it up with a pipe.

Anyone running dual yoshi carbons?

I think dual carbon short pipes would look slick

Anyone running that Drag Muzzy have clearance issues?

Back