exhaust photoshop

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
Since i've decided to go with just mids I was thinkin of how to dress it up a bit instead of just slash cuttin it. Here's a quick photoshop, I took the pic from a google search so sorry if I "stole" someone's ride. jcwhitney.com has a good selection of radical tips..... http://www.jcwhitney.com/autopar....tt=tips

Here's the tip up close
I_278583_CL_1.jpg

and here's the quick photoshop
busadagger.jpg

lol whoops i forgot to "reconect" part of the swingarm lol

yeah, I think so too. SUCKS now that she's hibernating for a few months cause i got some cash to spend lol. But I gotta save my money so I can get the PCIII and find a dyno shop around that can handle bikes :-/

(thismonsterlives @ Nov. 03 2006,15:18)
(Warputer @ Nov. 03 2006,15:16) No fancy tip here .....but ya got me thinkin' ....
dude, how loud is it?  And is it a good loud?
Try just taking the cans off ......and then that is "almost" the sound that you'll get . I didn't cut the actual midpipe ......just cut down to where it ends .
wink.gif

Sounds like all these turbo bikes do , with just the dump pipes . <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Pretty damn loud ....but a pretty good loud !
biggrin.gif
</span>

what you mean didn't cut the actual midpipe but where it ends? The whole silver pipe is the midpipe........

+1 on the sound, its kinda like a "GET THE FUGGG OUTTA MY WAY" sound.........nothin compares to it, NOTHIN......

(redkat05 @ Nov. 03 2006,15:25) what you mean didn't cut the actual midpipe but where it ends? The whole silver pipe is the midpipe........

+1 on the sound, its kinda like a "GET THE FUGGG OUTTA MY WAY" sound.........nothin compares to it, NOTHIN......
I didn't cut the built in "muffler" that is installed in the midpipe . If U look at the bend in the midpipe , you can barely see where the weld is .....for the muffler inside . There is a "crease" where the inside weld is .
wink.gif

can you see the "crease" on the outside and did you cut above that? Above being just tail side of the crease? How long you been runnin mids only?

(redkat05 @ Nov. 03 2006,15:37) can you see the "crease" on the outside and did you cut above that? Above being just tail side of the crease? How long you been runnin mids only?
Yes .....look closely and U can see the crease on the outside . Cut a little at a time and then look down in the pipe to see where the mufflers at . I've had mine cut like that for only 2 weeks .......Thrasherfox had had it for years , I think ?

yeah i talked to thrasher before about it. I can't wait for spring damn it!!!!

(Warputer @ Nov. 03 2006,12:39)
(redkat05 @ Nov. 03 2006,15:37) can you see the "crease" on the outside and did you cut above that? Above being just tail side of the crease? How long you been runnin mids only?
Yes .....look closely and U can see the crease on the outside . Cut a little at a time and then look down in the pipe to see where the mufflers at . I've had mine cut like that for only 2 weeks .......Thrasherfox had had it for years , I think ?
Yeah.. to my knowledge I am the first person that did this.

I think I did it early / mid 05

(dadofthree @ Nov. 03 2006,14:17) Does it bother a rider ( heat )? I've never removed the hump; just curious.
beerchug.gif
The only riders mine has bothered are the ones too close behind me when I have it cracked open.

Apparently it doesnt matter what kind of exhaust they have, nor if they have a stereo plugged into their helmet turned all the way up, my exhaust over powers all other sounds lol

The only heat I have ever been bothered by is I am riding in jeanes with no leathers, then it is kind of like walnuts cooking on an open fire...
crazy.gif

what kind of map do you have to run with one of those i wonder

Back