exhaust and rim question, or mods etc.

nurse_bobcat

Registered
Yeah, So i've had my Busa for alittle over a month. Tacked 3k+ miles on her, and have been doing a few mods. full exhaust, filter, pc3 and cosmetics. smoked integrated lights, integrated turn isgnals in the mirrors and glow gauges. super cool gauges. it's an 04, and i had a quiestion on the exhaust.

QUESTION #1
SO the slip on is like the length of my leg(i'm 6ft) it's bloody longand sticks out. I was wondering would it be an issue if i cut 2-4 inches off of the slip on? would it affect the backpressure much at all? I see some of the other exhausts are much shorter, including my old system dual slip ons from the stock headers.

questions #2
i'm also wanting to black out the rims and exhaust. I heard VHT paint works well, is it more effective than powder coating? I have looked online for black rims and notta.

Thanks for your help eh ^_^

305638_434553096605315_229677769_n.jpg

Idk about the paint, but chop away at the can all ya want, a lot of guys do it with no issues. I've seen pipes as short as 6inches with no mechanical problems. I'm not sure about your specific pipe as car as cutting the inlet or outlet, but I'm guessing one will work much easier than the other, give it a good look before ya chop :thumbsup:

Okay, I do have an opinion on the paint, at least for the wheels. Powdercoat is best, but any auto paint or even a rattle can will get you decent results, just a matter of time and money. I'm surprised ya couldn't find some black wheels on ebay or the classifieds here. There definitely out there, 99-07 where all the same wheels and older Gixxer/TL1000R rims are the same. Check the year for gixxer/tl wheels to be sure, I don't recall the exact years that were the same.

Like that was said previously, cut the pipes, not a big deal. And buy a set of rims off eBay to maybe find someone wanting to trade.

Back