Hayabusa Mods, Exhaust, Blue Lights, Air Filter, Etc

OB_craigzzz

Registered
Question for all you current hayabusa owners.
My name is Robert Craig III, I will be picking up my hayabusa on May 12. My question is, what are the best components for the hayabusa.

1.Which slip on exhaust will give me the deep throaty sound, and good performance that I'm looking for. Will I have to get anything else done to the exhaust after I install the slip-ons.

2.What is the best air filter for the busa.

3.I've seen a couple of web sites that offer blue headlights for motorcycles, what is the part number for the hayabusas light bulb,(both top and bottom bulb)?. What is the best bulb to go with that will give me that HID look.

4.What alarm is recommended for a bike of this caliper. (digital paging system, perimeter protection etc.)

Thank You In Advance,

Robert Craig III

Now that I've gotten through the 1K break-in, I'm considering the Akropovic 4into1, for mellow custom sound, weight, and performance;(not looking for a loud sound). You'll learn alot for everyone by going back through all the threads, as this has been talked about very much.
You should leave that blue light idea alone. Probably violates your states' DOT codes for vehicles, (i.e. you'll definitely get pulled, not to mention confounding other motorists at night). Headlights are supposed to be white, and turn signals amber. A thread awhile back mentioned clear lenses for the turnsignals with a yellow bulb; that may get you that different custom look you want.
As for security, get a garage with an alarm system tied into the rest of the house. If it's out in the open, locked or not, it isn't hard to lift it up, and throw in into a van or on the back of a truck.

I just picked my '00 red/gray last week, but I'll help what I can:

1. "deep" "throaty", none...because it's an inline four. Buy a v-twin for deep & throaty. If you're looking for more power then your best choice is a 4-2-1 system. If you want sound and a little more performance then get slip-ons. Be aware that two slip-ons will cost you as much as a complete 4-2-1 system. The Aropavoic (I just picked my '00 red/gray last week, but I'll help what I can:

1. "deep" "throaty", none...because it's an inline four. Buy a v-twin for deep & throaty. If you're looking for more power then your best choice is a 4-2-1 system. If you want sound and a little more performance then get slip-ons. Be aware that two slip-ons will cost you as much as a complete 4-2-1 system. The Akropovic seems to make the most power, next is the Muzzy system (1 hp less).

2. There's someone on this list doing an airbox mod complete w/ reusable foam filter for $75. He has dyno tests to prove its performance value. You'll pay at least that for a K&N.

3. Blue headlights - I've got one on my 9R, it will give you less light than a standard bulb.

4. Alarm - I've got a Scorpio pager/motion/tilt/ignition kill system on my 9R. It's overrated and over priced. It's a so-so system. I'm thinking of looking into a standard car alarm for the Busa, particularly the Crimestopper w/ 1-mile paging/arming/disarming range.) seems to make the most power, next is the Muzzy system (1 hp less).

2. There's someone on this list doing an airbox mod complete w/ reusable foam filter for $75. He has dyno tests to prove its performance value. You'll pay at least that for a K&N.

3. Blue headlights - I've got one on my 9R, it will give you less light than a standard bulb.

4. Alarm - I've got a Scorpio pager/motion/tilt/ignition kill system on my 9R. It's overrated and over priced. It's a so-so system. I'm thinking of looking into a standard car alarm for the Busa, particularly the Crimestopper w/ 1-mile paging/arming/disarming range.

Currently I've got a string tied to my index finger on my left hand with the other end attached to the garage door, then a Glock in my right hand. -I really like my bikes.

Hello Robert Craig III,my name is John Wronglane II.......Welcome to the boards!!Does your wife know that you said she has a big butt and posted it on the internet? What would she think about that(lol)???

1. Two Brothers slip ons
2. K&N if you can wait, otherwise a BMC
3. ?
4. There are many out there, you get what you pay for, I have an "Avital".

Uh, Craig, regarding your "blue" bulb, I guess I didn't know what you were referring to. I see from the other posts. I've seen people running mulit-colored Christmas tree lights around their cars around here, even in the off-season, so I was thinking the worst there. I'm even LOL on me on that one. Welcome to the site. .
Sarge.

Thank you, guys for your prompt response, but I'm kinda lost. I want a duel exhaust system, that sound good and even looks better. Where can I find this Airtronix alarm system. Does anyone know of GOOD hid light bulbs rated equal to or higher than 100W.

Thank You In Advance.

Robusa

Lyle.I think your refering to lumans,yes the standard bulbs do seem to put out more light but the main reason I got the bulbs was to get the attention of sleeping cage drivers,the color is different then the standard lamps along with the bright yellow strip on my Dianese leathers pull outs have been drastically reduced.I just seen an R1 with rainbow colored bulbs and the bike stood out like a white man on soul train.As far as riding fast at night I dont it`s hard enough for me to maintain sharp response time at 180 during the daylight hours...If you want real high performance lights for high speed night riding try H.I.D. lighting it puts out the equivilent of a 500 watt holagen but only draws 150 watts,they make them for H4 style lamps but I think with a little imagination you can figure something out.....Peace

No dude, I think you ARE lost. First, you are lucky anyone replied to your generic list of questions and not just give you the "do a search" speech.

With that in mind please keep reading...

#1 - There are dual exhausts systems and there are 4-2-1 systems. Dual systems cost MORE and make LESS power than a 4-2-1. Go to the major manufactures and look 'em up, I know Muzzy has pics on their sites as well as Two Bros. and I'm sure there are others on-line.

Sound is a personal thing. Camp out at your local Suzuki dealer and wait for a Busa to come around with an aftermarket exhaust.

#2 - Aritronix is the maker of the Scorpio alarm that you have on your website.

#3 - Apparently, I, nor anyone else that has responded to your post has found any remarkable lights. Real HID lights cost hundreds of dollars and replace a lot more than just a bulb. My advice is to get a $15 blue bulb, try it, and when you can't see (or you get pulled over for it), take it out and put back your stock bulb. The blue is just for the Racer Rick image. I'd also stay away from anything with a higher wattage than stock because you stand a chance of melting the plastic light assembly.

The Hyperwhite (blue) bulbs are a complete $54 ripoff. The blue coating melts off and stains your headlamp reflecter. They have considerably less light output even though they are advertised at a greater wattage.

Had mine for over 6500 miles...no problems,and I drive with both on all the time?????Wattage was rated the same as stock 55/65.Piaa and Solaris are suppose to be better but I`m not paying $100 for a light bulb.Lyle you didnt touch the bulb with your fingers while installing did you?

[This message has been edited by gsx1300rguy (edited 17 April 2000).]

I don't believe I touched the bulbs but even if I did it wouldn't effect the wattage. I noticed the lower wattage when riding over my favorite speed training road. I was running faster than I could see with the hi beam on. I decided that the bulb needed aimed. Went home and put a sheet of plywood in front of the bike to do a crude aiming fix. Noticed that it was aimed correctly. Switched back to the OEM bulbs bingo more light. I switched back and forth several times to be sure.

If you think the bulbs are so good, would you like to buy mine? I'll even let you have them for 1/2 price $25 the set. Whaddyasay?

Blue Bulbs-I have the Lockhart Phillips max blue on my bandit 1200. I have the max yellow on my ZX-11 as well. Lighting is reduced somewhat but the trade off is that you're more likely to be noticed because of the hue. I haven't been pulled over for it yet and I ride at night 75% of the time.
The busa has two lights, I figure I can replace the regular lamp with blue and still be able to hit the brights if I really need to see something in the distance. My problem is this: I disassembled my busa's dash and could not figure out how to undo the wire clip that holds the headlamp in place. This is probably in the owner's manual but I never got one. Anyone able to help me?

Squid V... You don't need to disassemble the dash to get to the headlights. Just take out the black plastic panel just above the wheel, ie the top of the wheel well. Just push in the center of the plastic pins holding it in place. Wiggle it out and you have full access to the lights.

The wire thing you push in 1/8 in then slide it aside. Push gently forward toward the headlite then to one side. The side with least resistance. It's a little like looking for a woman's G-spot.

[This message has been edited by Lyle (edited 18 April 2000).]

Back