Everyone read!!!!!!!!!!!&a

Man, what a shock to have Sled call me tonight and tell me about the site. I am very moved but I will be in a safe area. Many others on this forum have been or are in the “Real ####†right now. My luck as a civilian just ran out.

It seems the Army has run it’s MP’s into the ground and it’s true. I believe that most MP’s are Reservists and Guardsman and they have been called up so many times that it’s not even funny. The Navy has a Rate called Master at Arms or MA. Very similar to a MP. They provide security for bases all over the country and world. It does not take a genius for some General to ask the question of “Why can’t a MA do a MP mission?†Well, it seems they can. My last command was, believe it or not, Naval Security Force, Gaeta Italy. Look that disgusting place up on the web. It was an outstanding unit and I was very proud to have the honor of serving with them. I think this was noticed in DC. And, I think someone might have told someone in Washington that I was the XO of the Joint Detention Operations Group at Guantanamo Bay back in 2002. It’s a long story how one Navy guy ended up being XO of 12,000 soldiers that worked in X-Ray and Delta so I will save that for another time.

So, back to the story of this. I received a call from the Detailer telling me that I had been selected to become the OIC of the Army’s Northern Kuwait Law and Order Detachment that will be made up of Navy MA’s. And, that an Army O-6 has decided that I will also be the Provost Marshal for Northern Kuwait. What does this mean? I think it means that I will have lots of opportunity to screw things up.

I will be mostly in Kuwait spending small amounts of time in Iraq, mostly attending meetings so it’s really not a very dangerous gig.

I am very moved by this thread but like I said but I should be safe. I paid my dues back in 91-92 flying helo’s over there and being shot at so this time should be cake. I will just work on coming back thin and making sure none of my soldiers or sailor’s get hurt.

I thank all of you for caring and I salute all of you that have or are serving now. This is a very special forum and I promise to pay more attention to it.

God bless you all.

Paul

Thank you for your sacrifice, sir. Godspeed, brother...come home safe. I know you'll take care of your men out there. Don't forget to take care of yourself too.
wink.gif

paul

There are lots of Pauls on here! Nitrousjunkie is a Paul, UUBusa is a Paul, Pac and Lazer...
cool.gif

Hey PAUL, you still heading my way before you go?

Back