Ever upchannel a concern in corporate?

Projekt

Registered
Hows this for going over your boss' head?
Yeah I got a little piss'd off. Emailed it to corporate today. Care of the following:

To: ***/******* Corp Director of Human Resources Undated
CC: Director of Operations

Re: Management Deficiencies in NATO/EUFOR-BIH AOR

To whom it may concern,

First allow me to state that it is with great hesitation that I have found the need to compose this list of comments and observations. Due to this, I am aware that the possibility of being singled out and dosed with severe reprisal leading to termination is very likely. Therefore, I have chosen to make an anonymous observation. I value my employment and acknowledge authority without further comment.

The following is not a blanket statement applying to all managers here:

It is the observation of this employee that the existent morale situation in the NATO/EUFOR area of operations is critical. I foresee a continuing exodus of highly qualified people that would rather have stayed, were it not for these deficiencies. Also, I believe it necessary to iterate the following statement that will be redundant to anyone trained in and devoted to efficiency; “the implications to effectiveness of this organization are negative, severe and EXTREMELY visible to our customers here in this projectâ€￾. This, in my opinion, as shared and discussed with a majority of my peer employee group here in Bosnia, is due to the following:

1. Ineffective management culture and or practices. Specifically Human resources..
2. Narcissistic managers.
3. Lack of positive management pro-activity.
4. Management’s disregard and or failure to acknowledge employee’s opinions.
5. Disrespect of simple Human relations
6. Lack of integrity and dishonesty within the management echelon.
7. Direct public insults of employees.
8. Nefarious double-dealing in regards to employee-management interaction.
9. Damaging inter-bickering within the work force due to that stated above.
10. Absent and/or Transparent TEAM CONCEPT.

It is with the best interests of ****/******* contract fulfillment that I have chosen to send this to you. As I view my composition, I realize that this to a certain degree is typical of corporate environment, but, I hope that it is not acceptable to the leadership of this Corporation.

Very respectfully yours,
V. A. S.

Chinguese, Tenes pedo con your superiors
rock.gif

Pues tu sabes.. This place is nothing more than a broken process. One which causes people to leave in groups without notice. Then the rest of us pick up the slack and carry it until we get more people then it happens again. Just trying to stop that sort of thing.

Most big businesses are full of broken processes. Truth is, if they're large enough and making money, then people are just numbers and they're all replaceable.

Sad truth...

Well written letter, I hope it doesn't fall on deaf ears.

I hear you Trip,
Thing is that our employer seems to appeal to a larger than average group of slimeball employees.  Managers and mid-tier section leads have no concept of basic human relations and courtesies, much less morality. They are deceitful, two faced and lack integrity in the sense that they will sing the praises about someone in their face and not two seconds round the corner are saying some terrible shyte. I hate this sort of thing but in order to play on the level with them I have had to resort to the same tactics. Problem is that due to my physical presence there is more of an appearance of aggression and hostility from me. That leads to insinuations of my so called "threatening nature". I can't do anything about my genetics, height-6'4", build-muscled and weight-255lbs. It has happened before so I am very concious of this aspect.
Just want to head things off before I start getting written up for petty issues to start a paper trail to justify dismissal. I test the waters making statements to people that say "don't worry this is between us" then it is all over the phuggin morning news next day.

<!--EDIT|Projekt
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155463511 -->

Z: "Managers and mid-tier section leads have no concept of basic human relations and courtesies, much less morality. They are deceitful, two faced and lack integrity in the sense that they will sing the praises about someone in their face and not two seconds round the corner are saying some terrible shyte. I hate this sort of thing but in order to play on the level with them I have had to resort to the same tactics."

+

Y: "Problem is that due to my physical presence there is more of an appearance of aggression and hostility from me. That leads to insinuations of my so called "threatening nature". I can't do anything about my genetics, height-6'4", build-muscled and weight-255lbs. It has happened before so I am very concious of this aspect.
Just want to head things off before..."

='s...

X: "I start getting written up for petty issues to start a paper trail to justify dismissal."

Whereby "Y" can loop "Z".

do the math.
biggrin.gif

Best of wishes and luck...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

1. Ineffective management culture and or practices. Specifically Human resources..
2. Narcissistic managers.
3. Lack of positive management pro-activity.
4. Management’s disregard and or failure to acknowledge employee’s opinions.
5. Disrespect of simple Human relations
6. Lack of integrity and dishonesty within the management echelon.
7. Direct public insults of employees.
8. Nefarious double-dealing in regards to employee-management interaction.
9. Damaging inter-bickering within the work force due to that stated above.
10. Absent and/or Transparent TEAM CONCEPT.
Sounds like you are dealing with humans, a nasty and self centered group of mammals from the planet Earth. My advise is avoid them at all costs and before your next visit put in for a hunting tag and cull the herd of the "weaker" specimens.

This kind of managerial behavior runs rampant in almost every organization. We learn these "skills" from the managers before we worked for as n00bs. The fact that you notice there is a problem shows that you have some higher sense of morality when dealing with others. I find that the only way to combat stupidity is by doing the best I can and affect change in my own little world.

Power comes in many different forms (i.e. reffered, experience,etc.) Find a way to maintain a positive attitude and do what you can to keep morale up with your core group of workers.

I find that the "cream" rises...unfortunately poo has a tendency too as well. Watch out for the turds and don't get any on your boots when kicking a$$.

Good luck, bro.

Those darn Homo sapiens are a particularly peculiar variety of mammals aren't they. Yeah, you are right Jon, one of the many problems is that you can have a very (on paper) qualified HR manager with tons of education and "experience" but no people skills. So yesterday I get my head ripped off by the little wench because of parking in the wrong area. An area that is not restricted or even designated otherwise, simply unused. The person who complained has nothing to do with parking enforcement. So I was curious as to why we have to cater to this triviality. No sweat, I didn't want to disregard it but, yesterday being Saturday I popped in for a quick twenty minutes of the day's tasks. Well on the way out she blows a gasket and has a overly emotional- spastic reaction to my parking there. I jokingly tried to mellow her out by saying "awh cum'on its Saturday chuckle chuckle wink wink" but that made the spikes on her back go upright and it was on. Then I get reamed out on the street infront of onlookers (everybody knows she's a spazz) then I tell her "you and I need to talk in private". We meet in her office later and she has totally assumed the "my way or highway I am the boss mentality" and kept putting words in my mouth saying that my argument was against the parking rules, when in fact I had to bulldoze myself in edgewise and say "my problem is with your lack of tact and your delivery methods for these issues, you do not need to raise your phuggin voice, I'm outta here". Then she freaks out and screams "sit, down, get back in here, Jose, Jose, we need to sort this out... Come back." (She thought I was quitting as every other Canuckian does without as much as a g'bye, but I am American and operate differently)  I just wasn't going to bi(tch)ed at. So I'm back in the office and we are going round and round... Then fumingly I leave to write down these issues in order to get that biotch corrected. That is doubtful though. She is HR but has no clue about how to approach an issue in a non-confrontational manner. She has confidence issues or just a ridiculous ego to think that asking a question is being challenged  Fug her and the horse she road in on. And, what makes it worse is that the previous two days I went out of my way to fix her busted azz convertable top window as well as her faulty electric driverside window.  
mad.gif
  I had a feeling that those efforts would not have an influence on her future behavior... Biotch is nuts.

<!--EDIT|Projekt
Reason for Edit: "I am we todd did!"|1155477718 -->

Back