Ever have ...

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Well it's been raining here quite a bit and today started out nice so off I go ... never mind the 50 degree temp...

dec03_001.jpg

The CHP cruises by real slow given me da eye... ( musta seen me taken a leek on da side of da road
tounge.gif
) anyway nice day and a bicyclist happens by and I get him to take a pic.

dec03_006.jpg

New tire is just gettin broke in and I am site seeing and havin a good ol time... I blaze up a hill and into a few corners but the road turns bumpy and quite a bit of water seeping up so I kick down to a crawl... ah ha! CHP right around the corner sittin and waitin for me ... I wave... haha buddy not today, I am on a roll.

dec03_004.jpg

After lunch in the town of Paradise, I blast off to my fav canyon, but its pushin a temperature of 45 brrrrrrrrr. so I turn around and stop at a nice vista point to take a few shots before headin home.

dec03_020.jpg

Then ............... uh oh! all the good mojo just ran out.
40 miles from home at least the cel phone still had signal,
did I mention this tire only had about 100 miles on it? .... arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggg!
cussing.gif

dec03_024.jpg

I was working all day... so I will say that the old Cliche, "the worst day riding is still better than the best day working" holds true.

Why didn't you have a spare tire handy anyway?
tounge.gif

The area looks awesome for riding! Sorry it was cold...and the tire gave out!
sad.gif

Well at least you got a short ride in... What happened to the tire??? By the way one thing I've started carrying with me besides my cell phone is a tire repair kit. Basically its a plug and the CO2 cartriges to fill up a flat. I don't particular like to plug, but i like leaving my baby alone on the highway even less...
cool.gif

Nice pics, at least you didn't get popped by the Highway Patrol man!

Any ride you can walk away from is a good ride, sorry about the flat!
wink.gif

Josh
cool.gif

Riding a flat is one way to get rid of those em-bare-assing chicken strips!
laugh.gif

Glad you had a good ride tho!

Riding a flat is one way to get rid of those em-bare-assing chicken strips!
laugh.gif

Glad you had a good ride tho!
Been too wet here to tip the bike over much on the new tire but i had plans before this happened, sheeeeesh!

Oh and i forgot to mention, I found a nail of some sort, my cousin to rescue with his compressed airafter we fill tire... there's another bigger hole with nuthin in it! I filled tire 5 x goin home. But thanx for the nice thoughts guys & girl. yes any safe ride with no tickets is a good one. Ride on!
thumbs-up.gif

mad.gif

smile.gif

I didn't get out yesterday, it was tree trimming time with the kids. (priorities)

But...I have Mondays off, so while all,y'all are werkin' I hope to be zippin' up the Crest. I'll keep an eye pealed for nails and CHP. And maybe a few pics...

i live in Wisconsin so i dont really enjoy gettin to ride in 20 degree weather. Just my opinion though
TommyB

Kent look at it this way, back when you were in Hawaii if you were 40 miles from home with a flat you had bigger problems than the tire.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Looks like a great day for a ride and that sucks about the tire.

I saw American Chopper last night and they fixed a nail hole in the tire with a bigger screw.

I got out yesterday but my son used my camera and when I got to a nice view of the sweepers, no battery! D'OH!

Back