Colder Weather = More HP and better throttle respo

tinmann840

Registered
Is it just me ? Or since the weather here in Fla. dropped a bit my bike seems to have Opened Up quite a bit . I took her out today and she was READY!!! She came off the line harder . The throttle response was sharper , crisper . The temp should stay this way year round.

cool dense air makes horsepower
cool.gif

Well, the air is really cold up here in VT, so I must be cranking out the ponies.

Cold air means air molecules are closer together, hence more air compression per downstroke of the pistons, which yields more power. How much more? Who knows. Anyone out there have hot and cold temperature dyno figures?

yeah, mine seems to run better now when its cool out... and it really ran fan-freakin-tastic in the Rockies during cyclefest with the cooler air up there
cool.gif

I've been riding to work in the mornings at around 35 to 40 degrees... The Busa loves it!!
smile.gif

I noticed it as well yesterday when I was riding the Roadie. Cool, dense air is the shitz!

BTW, this is the reason most automotive turbo/blower applications use intercoolers to cool down the air after boost and before it enters the throttle body.

Is it just me ? Or since the weather here in Fla. dropped a bit my bike seems to have Opened Up quite a bit . I took her out today and she was READY!!! She came off the line harder . The throttle response was sharper , crisper . The temp should stay this way year round.
I noticed the same thing yesterday, Brian and I went for a ride and I was doing wheelie after wheelie on it. It was amazing. I wasn't sure if it was the weather or the new plugs or what but it was surely in the groove yesterday.

Kev

Back