EV vehicles

New Tesla Roadster won’t really be a car, says Elon Musk

Musk also doubled down on the plan to make it a partnership with SpaceX as he previously said that the vehicle would be equipped with cold air thrusters to make it faster. He added that the new Roadster is going to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in less than a second – making it the quickest vehicle in the world.

Just in time too. Go Elon You can expect some rocketry stuff there
But remember the sage advice, Never read the comments.

Edit: It's really quite a smart business decision when you think about it. The world is getting flooded with cheap Chinese and Korean at the low end of the market so he's targeting the very top end, the rich patriots.
He couldn't survive off of them before. I don't see how this time. That thruster fuel will take up some battery space.

Where is Bee?

Eat your heart out brother. :moon:

There is a silver lining though, the dude may be out of office next year. Maybe not, there are a lot of Trump haters.

We have the same kind of idiot here in the name of Trudeau....

Who will be out of office next year....people hate this guy with a passion....

Where is Bee?

Eat your heart out brother. :moon:

There is a silver lining though, the dude may be out of office next year. Maybe not, there are a lot of Trump haters.

Makes one wonder if they (the government) has some sort of shares in this tech........there must be some sort of financial kick-back for them.

I've read that tire rubber dust and brake dust are far more polluting than what comes out of the tail pipe...

In 2015, maintenance on a mile of national highways cost $28,020, while maintenance on a mile of local road was estimated to have a range of $1,528 to $23,651 in Washington state. Those high ongoing costs are why a number of counties are starting to unpave roads — they simply can’t afford to maintain them, especially with an estimated national road maintenance backlog of $420 billion.

All this still has to be paid for regardless.

Governments are going after ICE vehicles yet leave ships like this alone....

The sole purpose of this ship is for entertaining people.....which to me is a useless purpose.....and there are thousands of these ships plying the oceans and seas as I type....on top of this almost all the passengers fly to the port city for embarkation and then fly home.....the carbon footprint of a vacationing family must be huge.

Governments are going after ICE vehicles yet leave ships like this alone....

The sole purpose of this ship is for entertaining people.....which to me is a useless purpose.....and there are thousands of these ships plying the oceans and seas as I type....on top of this almost all the passengers fly to the port city for embarkation and then fly home.....the carbon footprint of a vacationing family must be huge.

Wow, that sure is a lot of pollution.

Didn't know something floating in the water needs that much energy.

I guess the only other option would be nuclear propulsion, interesting to see if that happens outside of the military one day.

^^^
For the world to survive, I think it needs a major war. Start with the Middle East, then clean up Africa. We need to get Putin and Xi on board first.

Just Jokin, but who knows, after my time here on the planet that may be the only solution, other than the planet destroying Humanity.

^^^
For the world to survive, I think it needs a major war. Start with the Middle East, then clean up Africa. We need to get Putin and Xi on board first.

Just Jokin, but who knows, after my time here on the planet that may be the only solution, other than the planet destroying Humanity.
It definitely needs a change to the mindset of humans.......which of course will never happen....

I often hear people complain about the forced introduction of EV yet I see some of these same people not being mindful of how they use their ICE vehicles...idling for long periods, taking off from stop signs/lights like they were in the NRHA amongst other bad habits....heck I know several people who are in eyesight of our community mailbox yet still drive to check their mail leaving their vehicle running as they chat to someone for sometimes a half hour or so......

With the increase in worldwide poverty, I reckon people will be just trying to make ends meet and not worrying too much about what impact they are having on the earth they inhabit..........

The world is going to have a hard time in future years....

I never really thought about the weight of an EV compared to an ICE...

I just watched a video on the new Dodge Charger "Daytona" EV that is 700lbs heavier than my Ram 1500..........

Yikes.....

There are a lot of things that have been swept under the table in the frenetic rush to EVise the world, not the least of which is where in the hell will all the electricity come from. And how the hell are they going to transmit it around the nation. The Chargers aren't the issue, the grid is the issue.

I look at the impractical laws passed by governments over in the US and then look at the management of the border that has allowed 20 million undocumented aliens to enter in the past couple of years. What I see is insanity, or some devilish plot designed to cripple the nation.

DR NO BOND-S.jpg

One of my neighbors told me his daughter bought a used EV and the battery will only accept an 80% charge but is acceptable as far as the dealership was concerned.....he wished she would have spoke to him before getting it but said she is very stubborn and very independent...

The good news is they have a charger at her work she can use as she is the only one there with an EV, they have a company Lightning EV but it seldom gets used as they pull trailers and doing this sucks the juice right out of that thing...

That wallet would be useless for me, nowhere for the little bits of paper, receipts etc, and it would dig into my @rse everytime I sat down.

If me and my wife have are own EV, I can hear her saying there's something wrong with the car. I would say did you plug it in ?
She would respond No I'm taking yours ! lol
There are a ton of EV's all over the roads here where I live. Have a few friends with EV's also, they seem to use a 2nd car for long distance travel though. Latest is a neigbor, who has just purchased a brand new Tesla, put solar on his roof, with batteries. He boasts that he no longer pays for gas and wakes up with a full tank every morning.

I did not say anything, but I got quotes and the cost to do the same. At my electricity rates, the payback is around 25 years, and I don't invest in anything with such a poor rate of return on investment.

If me and my wife have are own EV, I can hear her saying there's something wrong with the car. I would say did you plug it in ?
She would respond No I'm taking yours ! lol
I hear you there.....if the wife and I are going somewhere and she asks to take her SUV, I know it's out of fuel and she's wanting me to fill it up.....

There are a ton of EV's all over the roads here where I live. Have a few friends with EV's also, they seem to use a 2nd car for long distance travel though. Latest is a neigbor, who has just purchased a brand new Tesla, put solar on his roof, with batteries. He boasts that he no longer pays for gas and wakes up with a full tank every morning.

I did not say anything, but I got quotes and the cost to do the same. At my electricity rates, the payback is around 25 years, and I don't invest in anything with such a poor rate of return on investment.
Lots of solar places tanked this past year as the last two winters have been the most overcast in record.....we had something like 25 sunny days since Nov....not conducive to solar energy.....

There is a guy around here who has a big solar panel on the top of his Prius....not only does it look awful but it kills his aerodynamics to the point where he can't drive it on the hiway......and a person I know in the business says that he will kill off his battery over time from overcharging if he isn't careful.

But I fully understand on the payback time......makes perfect sense.

One of my neighbors told me his daughter bought a used EV and the battery will only accept an 80% charge but is acceptable as far as the dealership was concerned.....he wished she would have spoke to him before getting it but said she is very stubborn and very independent...

The good news is they have a charger at her work she can use as she is the only one there with an EV, they have a company Lightning EV but it seldom gets used as they pull trailers and doing this sucks the juice right out of that thing...
I got introduced to a Model S by a PDR guy working on my car. He goes around to all the dealers getting cars ready to sell. They provide him with a plug in. Every dealer he goes to does this. He has never had to use home plug in.

Pretty good gig.

Back