Engine rebuild

J07703

Registered
So I need to rebuild my engine in a 08 and i definitely need a bottom case. Does anyone know if a different bottom.case will work on mine or do I have to find the top and bottom?? And I can't find any complete rebuild kits. Any help.would be appreciated

So I need to rebuild my engine in a 08 and i definitely need a bottom case. Does anyone know if a different bottom.case will work on mine or do I have to find the top and bottom?? And I can't find any complete rebuild kits. Any help.would be appreciated

only taking a new buttom case the risk that the crankshaft plus trans are stuck and can no longer rotate freely.

their bearings are drilled and honed while the gearbox housing is screwed together.

if this 1/1000 fit does not match when replacing a part of the gearbox housing, huge problems will arise and the engine will probably be scrapped pretty quickly.

it's the same as replacing the camshaft bearing caps with someone else's - in 99 out of 100 cases the camshaft(s) gets stuck and seizes the cylinder head.

exchanging the lower part for a foreign one can ! (without re-drilling and re-honing the bearing lanes) work - years ago my brother and I tried it as a test on my old Gen1 and were lucky that nothing was really stuck.

BUT !
the probability that it will work is an estimated 0.1%

Lower cases are a matched set
(...)
yeah i agree at 999 of 1000 tries

but the try we (my bro and me) started was successful - ok by thousands of tons of luck .

and

you can risk the considerable - more - work (easily 4-6 hours) for yourself, but never for a stranger / another one .

but only :

while assembling the housing, after tightening virtually every single screw, you check very carefully that ALL the shafts move freely easily.
u HAVE to control the play of the shafts after half torque on the 36 case´s screws and then after full torque again .

otherwise u crap the entire engine .

Last edited:
It's like my motor still runs even with the rod slung out the side it just pours oil and makes on hell of a noise while running and pours white smoke but I know it's not locked up. This will be my first motorcycle engine rebuild. I split the case on my gsxr1000 and changed the output shaft bearing and it wasn't to hard so I'm hoping I can do this. I just need to find a new case and a rebuild kit for it

(...)This will be my first motorcycle engine rebuild.
really? i guess, following ur next sentence, it is ur 2nd.
I split the case on my gsxr1000 and changed the output shaft bearing and it wasn't to hard
to split the hayabusa´s case is more or less the same job as at the gsxr 1000

what u really need is the suzuki-manual to ur busa Gen1 or Gen2 and a bunch of damn good torque wrenches and other tools.
so I'm hoping I can do this. I just need to find a new case and a rebuild kit for it

if a rod cracked and tried to get a look to the sun (like at ur´s),

best i guess would be to get/buy another entire / complete engine ( max. at 20-30 k miles) and use that.
at the moment at 1st look a bit more expensive,
but u WILL !!! need not only the (new) case but also a new crankshaft
including connecting rods plus, to be on the safe side, new bearing shells for the bearings of the crankshaft and connecting rods etc.

buying all of this separately, used in best condition, is estimated to be at least the same price as a complete/entire engine,
or more expensive.

and
pls use the ENTER - buttom after the dot in ur sentences !
makes it a lot easier to understand what ur talking about.

Last edited:
Well it will be my first rebuild of a engine I've split a case before and changed a bearing but I have never take all the components out and replaced or swapped them over...My real question is will a first gen case work with my second gen inside's and throttle bodies?? A friend has a first gen motor that was making a tapping noise so he snatched it out and replaced it with a diff motor so can I used all my stuff and swap it to a first gen casing?

Well I got this today. Now to tear it apart and toss all the internals to the side and swap what is still good in my old motor over to this case. I'm hoping to get away with just new connecting rids and pistons. Although I guess I won't know until I have both engines apart. So wish me luck and anybody know of a reputable rebuild kit?

20240215_200915.jpg

Back