Buy a New Engine or Rebuild Engine?

Knightvision42

Registered
I have a 2007 Busa with a craked engine case. I was thinking of buying a new engine or possibly rebuilding the one I have. I live in Houston, TX and looking for options. I hardly post here, but any help would really make a difference in my decision. I want to keep the Busa before thinking of another bike. Thoughts????????????????????:please:

If you just ride for fun and aren't into racing you can probably pick up a good motor for $3K plus or minus. If you're into racing and performance you're probably looking for something else. An engine builder just had a built Busa motor for sale on another site not long ago for $9K from memory. You can put a lot of money into an engine.

Experts will be along, I'm not.

Golden child is parting out two, but the motors are probably gone by now.

Thanks for the reply. I'm a daily rider so all motor would be fine with me, but if i have to rebuild i would like to upgrade it just a little since its apart.

It might be easier to replace the whole assy, unless you are interested in more performance. If you replace it, it would be remove one and replace with the other.....

I'd think buying and swapping in a new stock motor would be your best bet. By the time you factor in labor and parts to fix your current, you'll be close to the cost. I'd think you could get a few hundred from your broke motor to help with the cost of a new one.

If you have average mechanical ability, you could do the swap yourself, where as a rebuild is far more tricky. Good luck

There is a motor on here for sale now. He is in KY. But he is only wanting $1600 for the motor. Has 24k miles on it. search frankenbusa

The magical question is,, how much do you want to spend??

Back