Engine Falls On Its Face At 4,000 Rpm

Pdiddy21154

Registered
Have an 07 that has run great but recently ran into a problem. Put in ur thinking caps boys. It hates going over 4,000 rpm. Shop has checked it out and when put in dealer mode found no fault codes. What he did find was when plugging in the vacume hose to the sensor at the bottom rear, the engine just dies. I trust this guy and take my bike here instead of the dealer one that was screwing me. Everything else he checked was all good.

Soooooo, start asking questions and most likely it's been checked. I'm posting this because maybe he's missing something. Miss riding my Busa:(

Seems like every thread that says: "can't go pass Xxxxx rpm" ends up being fuel filter/pump issues. Not sure what the deal is with the sensor you refer to. Hopefully the guys here have more suggestions for you.

Yup, but not in this case. Pump is brand new and working, strainer clean as a baby's behind.

There is a hose that goes into the sensor, think it's air pressure or something, the hose comes from the throttle bodies, most likely vaccum. Next?

How long has the new pump been in? Is it OEM or aftermarket; why was it replaced in the first place? Are you certain it's producing the correct fuel pressure?

The pump attaches to the fuel filter as does the sending unit. On the bottom of the fuel filter is a strainer. If you just changed the pump and cleaned the strainer the filter can still be clogged. Your fuel pressure regulator also inserts into the fuel filter and is held in place by a plastic clip. Make sure it is still fully inserted and the clip is fully seated. If you replaced the entire assembly then your problem is elsewhere.

How long has the new pump been in? Is it OEM or aftermarket; why was it replaced in the first place? Are you certain it's producing the correct fuel pressure?

Pump is an aftermarket because the one on the bike died. Guy at the shop told me his test showed pressure at 42

The pump attaches to the fuel filter as does the sending unit. On the bottom of the fuel filter is a strainer. If you just changed the pump and cleaned the strainer the filter can still be clogged. Your fuel pressure regulator also inserts into the fuel filter and is held in place by a plastic clip. Make sure it is still fully inserted and the clip is fully seated. If you replaced the entire assembly then your problem is elsewhere.
Strainer is brand new and clean. The clip is on but noticed it tends to move around a little bit.

What about the filter, in the pump assembly, that is 95 percent of the time thee problem, not the pump its self.
Next is there a Power Commander on the bike, if so, unplug it

Also if you onplug the Map sensor, the bike should stall

Back