Engine cutting off at high rpm

thduke1

Registered
Ok guys... I have seen a few posts on here talking about a similar problem, just wondering if anyone has found a fix for it. I have a gen I and it has recently started cutting out/off on me when I am on the throttle pretty hard. It happens in any gear and doesn't matter how hot the bike is. When I lay into it, it pulls hard then the engine cuts completely off for just a second or two (almost throwing me over the bars) then comes right back on. When this happens it also throws the FI light. I checked the code and it is for all four injectors ( c32,33,34,35) I have unplugged the pc, and checked the connection of a few easy to reach connections but have came up empty. Is there any sensors or ground wires anywhere that I should check besides the main ground for the battery?

my bike did that going down the highway same codes came up and it was my kick stand switch the tab that pushes the switch wasnt pushing it in far enough

@dadofthree. It varies... 1st gear around 6700 2nd around 7000 or so. Not real sure about 3rd. Never looked at it past 2nd

1100 should be alright, but low idle has been known to cause an early rev limit.

is there an alarm on the bike? spray the kick stand switch to make sure it operates smooth. someone with more knowledge will help u out if that's no it. Oh does it do it after you hit a bump?

Thank you guys for your help. I looked at the kickstand again and it was still tight but somehow the tab got bent and it was just enough to cut the bike off at the right vibration. All good now though, thanks again guys you are all lifesavers!:bowdown:

Back