Emissions testing in Phoenix

MR Felt

Registered
We just moved here and it seems I need to have the bike ( it's a 2006) emissions tested to get plates. I have the air box mod, Yosi full system and PC3.
What do I do? Put in a lean map?
Joel

Maybe to just get plates but after that they should be exempt as well as cars over 25 years old or maybe 30 years old.

We just moved here and it seems I need to have the bike ( it's a 2006) emissions tested to get plates. I have the air box mod, Yosi full system and PC3.
What do I do? Put in a lean map?
Joel
If you'd rather not unhook the pc you can just put in a zero map before the test, then put your current map back in after. The zero map will revert to the stock settings, which with the yoshi exhaust will be even leaner than stock, so you should pass no problemo.
Before long we're not going to be able to mod our bikes at all any more. We'll be stuck with those ridiculously huge, heavy, hot ugly monster cans the bikes are coming with anymore. Its a shame they have to take such awesome pieces of technology and load them down with a passengers weight worth of excess metal :banghead:

Man that sucks, thats what killed off the car hobby for me, huge power and emissions generally dont work well together (atleast that was the fate of my last 2 pro street cars :banghead:)

I'd try it on stock map, if it fails could always toss a little bit of e85 in the tank, my camaro failed horribly the first time (355ci, big cam, setup for spray running 12.8s all motor) 14 gallon tank put 3 gallons of e85 and filled the rest with my regular fuel and she blew nice and clean :thumbsup:

That is such crap. Bikes should be exempt from emissions. What % of vehicles are they on the roads? Like 1%
In Florida they got rid of emision like 10 years ago. It was not making a difference and it cost the state and taxpayers way to much money.
One thing he government got right!

i lived in phoenix for 2 years and went to motorcycle mechanics institute... bikes have to pass once so unplug your pc not from the battery but just from the connection plug and you should be lean enough to pass if you dont pass you can do a follow up and then just crank the idle down and your numbers will drop... we got to play with emissions equipment while in school

i lived in phoenix for 2 years and went to motorcycle mechanics institute... bikes have to pass once so unplug your pc not from the battery but just from the connection plug and you should be lean enough to pass if you dont pass you can do a follow up and then just crank the idle down and your numbers will drop... we got to play with emissions equipment while in school
Thats what I said.Unplug it from the injectors, but leave it powered up.Should be fine.

Just to clarify, unplug the power from the PC3 ( power commander )?

Man that sucks, thats what killed off the car hobby for me, huge power and emissions generally dont work well together (atleast that was the fate of my last 2 pro street cars :banghead:)

I'd try it on stock map, if it fails could always toss a little bit of e85 in the tank, my camaro failed horribly the first time (355ci, big cam, setup for spray running 12.8s all motor) 14 gallon tank put 3 gallons of e85 and filled the rest with my regular fuel and she blew nice and clean :thumbsup:
Every couple of years the bike makers have to make emissions cleaner to meet the ever stricter euro tiers. Pretty soon (probably very soon :banghead: ) the pipes needed to make ZX14R kinda hp will be so big it won't be feasible to put them on the bike. Can you imagine exhaust cans 50% bigger than the ones on the new busa and 14R, especially the 14? I doubt they are going to be able to get much more power out of bikes with the emissions rules. The liter bikes haven't gained any power in years except for the new zx10 unrestricted and the BMW.
I think the power wars are going to become a thing of the past............
wave bye bye to power :tantrum: another reason suzuki probably won't build a 14 beater :dunno:

I just went through emissions in Chandler,AZ about a month ago. Have a full pipe and PC3 connected. Had no problem at all. They only check the bike while at idle. I was in and out quick.

Hope this helps.

Back