emission control

black2003

Registered
I was wondering what kind of emission control are installed on the busa. Is there any catalytic converter and if so, does it put a hold on the HP output???
rock.gif

I am not for sure but I don't think the Busa has a catalytic converter. It does have a smog pump on the front of the engine that you can take off which is referred to as the PAIR mod.

I don't think it has been officially tested but rumor is 1-2 HP at the tops!

It is mainly for when you put on an after market exhaust system. If you don't take it off, the extra air pumped in will cause the bike to back fire! I have seen 1-2' flames come out of bikes without it done. Looks cool but the cops don't like it.

Josh
blues.gif

As I understand, except for the pair system, there's nothing else as emission control... By the way Josh, congrats for the avatar, I'd like to have one like this...It makes The colors (all black) looks good
beerchug.gif

Dont remove the PAIR system, just convert it to the sucker for the crankcase . It creates a vaccum in the case for a few more ponies . We could all use a few extra couldnt we ?

Dont remove the PAIR system, just convert it to the sucker for the crankcase . It creates a vaccum in the case for a few more ponies . We could all use a few extra couldnt we ?

banner.jpg

I still haven't heard THAT many positives on the sucker mod...

most people seem to remove it.

Look at most pro classes of drag racing , most guys run some type of vacum pump on their crankcase . It reduces the internal pressure that the piston fights against when it moves down into the case .

I just removed mine. Did not want to do the sucker mod. I have heard mixed opinions on that, so I did not even want to mess with it.

Back