Electronic cruise control

These links are both for a gen2, but the installation would be much the same.
The electronic version may cause some issues on a gen1 as there is much less room in the trunk, or room to make the trunk bigger. The electronics take up more space.
Sous and TwoTonevert should be able to answer your questions.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/152744-electric-rostra-cruise-control.html

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/147948-true-cruise-control-gen-ii-style.html

Aside from a throttle lock, the rostra is the way to go. My bike is the one featured in the first link sixpack posted. The electronic version also requires tapping the VSS wire if I remember correctly. The part number for the electronic is listed in the article, and please keep in mind, these units are not designed to be installed on a motorcycle. But since there is a will, there was a way. :laugh: There are a handful of members that have them, myself, NinjaKiller and LCB all have electronic models, and Cap and Sous have the vacuum models.

I did the write up in the second link and went with the vacuum controlled unit because there were reported electrical problems with 100% electronic version. It seems that those problems have now been ironed out.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me.

So - on a Gen 1, the vacuum would be "better" because of size - right?

Is there really any advantage/disadvantage between electric and vacuum cruise on a Gen 1?

No real advantage between the two, but the electric may cause you to have gremlins in the bikes electrical system. Do a quick search and you will see why I went with the vacuum model. I would go with the vacuum because of the space restrictions in the Gen 1, but it is your choice and you may come up with a new idea for the control module placement.

This is by far the best mod I have done to my bike. I ride 120 miles round trip to work when weather permits and it is rock steady on the interstate. It makes the ride so much more comfortable and increased my mileage because there is no variance in the speed up and down hills from my wrist.

You will not regret it and no matter what anyone says, the throttle locks out there cannot even compare with the true cruise control. I had a throttlemiester and it was good, but the CC is much, much better.

Thanks for the info - I was pretty sure I was going to go with the vacuum; but wanted to make sure it didn't give up any function.

Does anyone still have the link to install in a Gen 1?

No stupid questions bro. Its how we learn. Not sure if anyone said this, but the vacuum models have two canisters, one for the vacuum and one for the servo. Most Gen II guys put them in the turn signal pods. On a Gen I, you will have to get creative, perhaps do the trunk mod if that will work. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/131810-gen-2-trunk-mod.html I am sure if anyone has tried this on a Gen I. I would spend some time looking over the bike and seeing where you could put stuff. The electric module is one module, but it bigger than one of the vacuum modules.

Sorry - thought that was for a Gen 2...

Apologize for the stupid question!

No problem. I would go back and edit the post saying it was for the Gen I but it won't let me.

The two canisters fit nicely in the rear side panel. There are pictures in the link.

Back