electrical problem

johnnycrash

Donating Member
Registered
Last night while running through the gears I lost all my dash power as well as my tail and brake lights.  I just looked down one second and no tach, clock, fuel or water temp gauge, or speedo.  The headlight still works as does the starter, and the bike runs fine.  I'm lucky I made it home with no tail lights without getting pulled over.  

I haven't even started checking fuses or anything - just thought I'd ask if anyone had ever experienced the same problem before I start troubleshooting.

aftermarket tail? may be time to look for an exposed wire back there? I do not have schematic on wiring but tail lights and dash lights are usually on the same circuit.. (sort of a early warning system)

aftermarket tail?   may be time to look for an exposed wire back there?  I do not have schematic on wiring but tail lights and dash lights are usually on the same circuit.. (sort of a early warning system)
That's good to know - I was hoping that it wasn't unusual to lose both at the same time.

It's a TMH tail - I'll look back there first after I see if I blew a fuse. Losing the dash isn't that much of a safety issue - losing tail lights is.
wowold.gif

Check for a blown fuse since you are still running a stock taillight. May be a loose/exposed wire, but start simple.

+1

check fuse. Installed a few components onthe euro plug the other day and blew that fuse. Lost everything in dash, front and rear signals.

Back