ecueditor gen1 question

hendrixgr

Registered
I want to ask anyone that might know if i can read and backup my existing ecu maps of my 2007 (gen1) turbo hayabusa.
My bike has secondary injectors with an AIC split second box.
I am about to try to change small things on current iap map but although i searched and searched i can't find an answer to the following two questions:

1) when ecueditor connects to the ecu does it read the current settings inside the ecu in order to populate the on screen maps and settings or it uses something like default values?

2) can i read the current ecu maps AND settings and save them as a backup?
I know that gen2 does saves the current installed firmware but i think i read somewhere that gen1 ecu cannot.

What i am afraid is that i will loose my current tune maps and settings if i try to change the iap map.
Is there any other way to change the maps (power commander etc.) without putting my current tune settings in jeopardy?
Chris

1) ECU Editor will open up with a generic file for your model of bike or a file saved by you it does not read the file in the ECU.
2) ECU Editor does not have the ability to read the file that is currently in the ECU. Woolich software will not read the file in a Gen I.
Do you know if the maps have been changed in the ECU? If so you are kind of SOL unless you have access to the file that was loaded or can remember what was changed.
If they have not been changed open a stock file make your changes, save it. Then continue making changes based on that file, saving each one until you get what you want. That way if something goes wrong you can use the previous file.
I swear by the ECU Editor/Woolich but you do have to pay attention to what you are doing because you can tune yourself into a deep hole and if you don't save your work you are in for trouble digging your way out.

Thank you for your help!
I know the danger in this that's why i asked first. a very good shop converted and tuned my bike so they should have the file
but i want to be able to make small changes also.
I think i can get the tune file from my tuner but in case i can't then maybe a power commander would be better for minor changes?
I lately hear voices inside my brain telling me to install Megasquirt :laugh:
Chris

PC won't do the IAP maps with any amount of precision. In my biased humble opinion, I'd use the EC-E or Woolich programs with an O2 sensor to log AFRs and make changes from there.

PC won't do the IAP maps with any amount of precision. In my biased humble opinion, I'd use the EC-E or Woolich programs with an O2 sensor to log AFRs and make changes from there.
i also think the same because i already have the AEM AFR/BOOST logging gauge in order to log the afr especially at low rpm because after 4000 - 4500 rpm everything looks ideal.
Anyway i am still considering buying the megasquirt ecu, i don't know if you know anything about it but from what i read it is very capable.
I must say that all my life i have been designing and constructing electronic devices, writing and flashing programs for them etc. so programming and calculations do not scare me.
Chris

Back