Ecu flashing interface install gen 2

Jakegsxr11

Registered
I'm trying to install the boost by Smith ecu flashing interface. I was only sent these parts and it doesn't match the instructions? Am I missing pieces?

IMG_20220618_140847.jpg

Ok with only the 2 plugs plugged in I get an error when selecting "verify checksum" or "verify/read" I can see all the engine data. Do I need something else to be able to read the ECU and flash it?

Yes, thanks for that! Looks like it should show up on Friday.

I want to clarify my first post as well. I cannot be sure I did not get all the parts initially. I don't remember seeing the jumper but I got the ecu harness 2 months ago and put it on my to do pile with other bike parts. Either I lost it or it never arrived. Either way Greg took care of me and got the part sent right out. I just wanted to make sure I was portraying Boost By Smith in a good light as my experience has been excellent so far.

Last edited:
I received the harness. It is installed as instructed. I still cannot read or flash my ECU. All I can do is see streaming data? Anyone have any ideas? I've done this on many vehicles before but this one has me scratching my head.

Ok, got my ECU flash worked out! Thanks Greg!

ECU flashed with TRE, lower fan temps, quick shifter enabled, speed restrictions removed, rev limiter to 11,300. That's it for now. I also connected to my PC V and noticed it's using a base map for stock exhaust and air filter. I have a aftermarket exhaust and BMC filter. Anyone know where to get a base PC V map until I can get to a dyno tuner? At least something to get me closer to where I should be at? DynoJet doesn't even list anything for the 2nd gen Hayabusa at all.

Nobody has any idea where I can get a base PC V tune, or ECU tune for that matter? I cannot find anyone who will sell tunes. Everyone is too busy or will only use Woolich and I'm not interested in that. I do not want my ECU locked to that software. I'm even willing to pay. I didn't think this would be so tough.

I finally got a reply from dynojet:

If we no longer offer a product for that particular year, you will not find it in the vehicle drill-down. Since you have the unit, you can search for the part number of the PCV you have in the search field at the top, right corner of the website. If all you need is access to the tunes, you can get those directly as well by going to:

Tunes | Dynojet number] where the part number is the unit part number. So if this unit is a 20-008 unit for instance, you'd go to Tunes | Dynojet

So I did find what I was looking for.

Back