ECU editor/quick shifter

Kainedogg

Registered
Still researching the whole hacking your gen2 ecu thing, but once I pull the trigger, which quick shifters can I use? :beerchug:

I got the one from boost/ Greg and it works great and the sencitivity is ajustable , had johnny set it up for me and i love it !

i would like to do some testing but i dont have the flasher unit but i think and if you want to try this when you get yours - you can confirm my thoughts
but i think if you just leave the 2000rpm threw say 6000 rpm blank or -0- you will have no kill time for those rpm and then just set the 7000- 11000 at what ever kill time you want johnny set mine at 80 and it works fine .

any how you could shift normal and then when you want to get on it your kill times would start at the 7000rpm and go up

any how i think this will work

any way the one greg sells is grat and you can get it for GP shift set up as well its a push or pull but you have to tell him when you order what your going to run !

good luck

Last edited:
actually ecu editor just changed code and now you have gear based ignition kill :) different kill time adjustable for every gear.

i sell the cordona's, though they take me a couple of weeks to get usually, i can get danosperformance ones but the cordonas are much nicer imo
ECU Flashing

Thanks guys. That's not a bad price for the shifter, especially when you factor in, I no longer need a PC5 or ignition module. I assume Smithbusa sells the kit to reflash the ECU

yea you can buy the flasher off his site and then flash when you want , the software is free download ----but if you dont have the know how i sould not do to much tinkering with it!

you can do basics , derestrict up the limiter set up your shifter and kill times ex , just talk with greg on what ever your looking to do i may get the flasher later but can not justifie the 200 right now !

great guy though and great products

Hi Greg, I haven't updated the software in a while. Am I missing out on anything for the ol' Gen1's such as the gear based kill time?

Hi Greg, I haven't updated the software in a while. Am I missing out on anything for the ol' Gen1's such as the gear based kill time?

sorry commuta, if you want new features you have to pony up for a gen 2 busa LOL

No new features are being added to gen 1 stuff as Petrik no longer owns one and can't test things out etc.

Gen 2 now has gear based engine kill, gen 1 has the same engine kill as always.

Hint hint....time for a gen 2 bud :)

thanks for the reminder :banghead:

I would have to take a year off of racing to afford one and then it would take me another year to "mod it up". Hell by then the Gen3 will be around the corner. I may just try and skip a generation.

I heard the Gen3 already has a small turbo :laugh:
sorry commuta, if you want new features you have to pony up for a gen 2 busa LOL

No new features are being added to gen 1 stuff as Petrik no longer owns one and can't test things out etc.

Gen 2 now has gear based engine kill, gen 1 has the same engine kill as always.

Hint hint....time for a gen 2 bud :)

Back