ebay swingarm?

mysticblu999

Registered
Hey guys, i'm new to the forum, I have been reading this forum for quite sometime. I don't like to start my own thread that much but after days or... weeks of searching this forum and SH.org I thought I should just come out and ask. I am running 300hp on a stock swingarm bike. Its a RCC stage one k7 Busa. I do ride twisties alot but I am planning to go to maxton this spring or summer and would like to try a few drag races. Question is, will I hate the handling of a 6" over arm or can i get by with a 4" over. I plan on doing more work to my bike and getting at least 400hp out of it. I thought maybe i could get the adjustable links and a tripple tree and slam it for the track and raise it up for the street. I need a swingarm i just can get in the throttle as much as i would like with the stock wheelbase. Any advise? I have no experience with extended bikes. I'm not that hardcore on the Busa in the twisties (got a 636 for that) but still like to turn on the Busa.

Im looking at Thompsonscustomcycles.com racelight swingarms and i just saw this on ebay.... (kind of ugly though....)

eBay Motors: hayabusa extended swingarm gsxr 1300 underbraced coated (item 320319264414 end time Dec-19-08 09:28:30 PST)

HELP!

you got two choices when it comes to bikes and stretching....
1) if your going really fast, straight and need to keep the nose down, stretch it.
2) if you want to ride twisties, leave it be .......

even a 4" stretch will seriously compromise the busa's handling capabilities

You said you had a 636 for the twisties.

Stretch that Busa, Looks awesome and will help keep that front end down.

sounds like you need both the stretch and the stock arm.. bike has enough trouble cornering on stock wheelbase but can do it...

tha max stretch on a busa is 6" if you got power you need that nose down unles you like to take a **** every time you twist that throttle. i got 2" lower busa whith a 6" arm over stock whith 200 series rear tire loving does curves.
:bowdown:

Buy the Thompson, that thing on ebay is a piece of garbage. All they did was put a block in between the swingarm and end. With that much hp on tap you better not buy junk or you might not be alive to spend the extra money you saved. I think Trac arms are a sponsor on here and that is also a great arm to buy. My bike is 8.5 inches out and it really is too long if you like twisties, but great for a straight line. There are no curves here in Florida so it really doesn't bother me.

Buy the Thompson, that thing on ebay is a piece of garbage. All they did was put a block in between the swingarm and end. With that much hp on tap you better not buy junk or you might not be alive to spend the extra money you saved. I think Trac arms are a sponsor on here and that is also a great arm to buy. My bike is 8.5 inches out and it really is too long if you like twisties, but great for a straight line. There are no curves here in Florida so it really doesn't bother me.

Well put, I went with the Thompson's racelite, will post pics once installed.

"I need a swingarm i just can get in the throttle as much as i would like with the stock wheelbase."

I just read that in my original post and it makes absolutely no sense.

Mine is dropped in front 1 1/4 and stretched 5 1/2. I enjoy my ride. With that amount of hp, I would not go with that ebay crap.

Back