Ebay disc from china

wscycle

Registered
Hi Guys.Did any of know if those disc that are selling on ebay are good quality and safe to ride them. ??? They look like galfer and braking.

Front Brake Disc Rotor Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR1300 08-09 B:eBay Motors (item 330351804780 end time Sep-11-09 08:15:45 PDT)

ViewImage2.jpg

I use some stuff made in China but I woukld have to think twice about those.
A lot riding on them being flawless.
Hope someone who has them chimes in.

I have thought about them many times because of the price, then I think what if crappy work turns into the thing coming apart at 100+. changes my mind pretty quick.

I actually have a friend who bought a set for his drag bike....hasn't died yet.:laugh:

I'll talk to him tomorrow and ask him about them, kinda thought about getting a set myself if they work OK. Can't beat the price.

Brakes and tires are not really great places to cut corners. They may be perfect or the money you save could go towards putting you and your ride back together. I'm on board with the idea of body work if your a track day guy, brakes not so much. :2cents:

I actually have a friend who bought a set for his drag bike....hasn't died yet.:laugh:

I'll talk to him tomorrow and ask him about them, kinda thought about getting a set myself if they work OK. Can't beat the price.

I got a bud of a friend who's sister ......

LoL, actually I do know someone who ordered some from Ebay over seas and he hasn't had any problems so far~!~

I will say however, now that I think about it...

If only using one of these rotors it will overheat on tight twisties. Obviously the Busa is designed to use two and would recommend leaving two on. That being said, he never run just one of the stock rotors for comparison so it might have overheated the same way.

brakes and tires are not really great places to cut corners. They may be perfect or the money you save could go towards putting you and your ride back together. I'm on board with the idea of body work if your a track day guy, brakes not so much. :2cents:

+1000

Where have you guys been, just about everything we buy comes from China; kinda like Japan in the sixties.....:laugh:

From personal experience, you get what you pay for. Allot of companies sell off there defective products that don't meet there standards. Think of it has an outlet store that sells irregukar jeans, not bad for the money but something is just not right. I would be careful with things that could be a safety issue.

I wouldnt... even if reviews were good... U need to purcahse something like that from someone who does quality control checks... If it was a turn signal, plugs, carbon cosmetic accessories etc, fine, but disks, break lines, mufflers etc... Not worth the risk at all... think of the damage if these break bro... I dunno... I personally wouldnt!

Where have you guys been, just about everything we buy comes from China; kinda like Japan in the sixties.....:laugh:

You're right, and while I do not mind buying items from China in general...the problem comes in when you have a factory that sets up for two months and produces 30,000 copies of the actual item without spending the money and taking the steps to research and make sure everything is right.

Not saying that's the case here, but something that's always in the back of my mind when dealing with area of common abuse.

When it comes to performance parts, buy quality.

Your life may depend on it! :beerchug:

Brakes and tires are not really great places to cut corners. They may be perfect or the money you save could go towards putting you and your ride back together. I'm on board with the idea of body work if your a track day guy, brakes not so much. :2cents:

My thoughts too...I don't care so much where they are made, but I want QUALITY parts when it comes to brakes. I will pay a little more to make sure when I need to stop in a hurry, my rotors don't blow up.

I thought about this...

It doesnt make sense... How can you make a faulty flat peice of metal??

The only thing I can think of is the rivets can break maybe???? Its a peice of metal. Most EBC or Galfers are also...a peice of metal. And like most cool things that people want, its overpriced...

Im not saying Im going to buy these..but they are a cut peice of iron... right?

I thought about this...

The only thing I can think of is the rivets can break maybe???? Its a peice of metal. Most EBC or Galfers are also...a peice of metal. And like most cool things that people want, its overpriced...

Brakes can get VERY VERY hot...and metal will expand and contract...in you don't
use the proper alloy's for brake rotors...they can crack. It's not a pretty sight if
a rotor comes apart :(

I thought about this...

Easily actually. If you use a low grade of steel, it may look the same, but the integral quality of what these rotors are suppose to be is not going to be there.
Bottom line......like always.......
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!!!!!

I had some of them. Worst investment ever. Had them on the bike for 15 minutes!!!!! Low grade steel! Warped from hell!!!! I do not want to make a stop from 180mph on those!!!! Upgraded to galfer!! I put them in the trash because i dont even want to give them away for free!!!

just my 2 cents

Steve

Back