Easy rearview camera

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I got a Sony Action CAM because a guy was selling it new in a box for $80. I open it up and notice that it can send the video to a phone. This would be an easy rear view camera setup. I was planning to put a LG 7 tablet on the Busa running Ulysse Speedometer on it with the rear view in the background. I'll post pictures if i ever get around to setting it up.

Can't wait 2 see this setup you've been talking about! :thumbsup:

I've been running a rear view camera on my busa 4 a few years now and while it's not a substitute 4 rear view mirrors used in conjunction with them allows me 2 have eyes on 360 degrees of my surroundings @ all times. It also allows me 2 see guys headlights fade off into the distance while I'm in full tuck :whistle:

Do elaborate. Are you planning on using it in conjunction with the gauges or as a standalone?

Watch this video and you will see that it has some interesting things a typical speedo doesn't have. It also has a HUD option that reverses the display so it will reflect on the windshield and maybe windscreen (haven't tried it).

I personally can't read the stock speedo. 60 mph is less than 1/4 of the dial. I usually look at the GPS for bike speed anyway, this is much better. Also the LG 7 tablet's screen is about twice the size of the ZUMO 660, so that is cool too. I'm sort of just thinking out loud but I'm getting close to a test. Right now finding a good waterproof case for the LG is the holdup and crappy weather too.

Edit: Have not tried the Sony Action camera linked to the LG tablet. If that works I can have music, nav, speedo, and rear view on one screen. Also I only need one wire for power - everything else is Bluetooth into the Sena headset (I hope).

Edit 2: I also have internet access right on the bike too. So when I have to google some big mouth Kawasaki rider I can bust him right there at the gas station.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well yeah I figured you'd need a little more on account of you wanting a tablet mounted vs a speedo but that concept should help you get the ball rolling. I imagine a good bodywork guy would be able 2 tweak it. Probably be cheaper and less time consuming 2 have something 2 start brainstorming with vs R&D from the ground up

very cool, I have been looking for something like this. Will it work on an IPhone? I will be watching this one to see how it turns out.

Back