Dynojet LCD Data Logger

ecu editor is the slickest thing ever. can tune way better then a power commander ever dreamed of.

ECU editor CANNOT tune way better than a powercommander ever dreamed of . . . that is just wrong. ECU editor can do a lot of good things, and although you can tune with it, its like tuning with a PCII - which is archaic when compared to what is available today . . . tuning a bike with a IIIR, PCIIIUSB, or PCV using tuning link is the best you can get without going to a standalone . . .:poke:

I thought the PCIII's would bring a good premium on Ebay but after selling two for close to nuttin, Kevin has two more that will just be laying around...

If anyone wants them PM Tofas2C

Outlaw,

I have a few questions. What year is your bike, an 08 like in your sig? Also, what mods have you done to it. There is a method to my madness on questions, lol.

ECU editor CANNOT tune way better than a powercommander ever dreamed of . . . that is just wrong. ECU editor can do a lot of good things, and although you can tune with it, its like tuning with a PCII - which is archaic when compared to what is available today . . . tuning a bike with a IIIR, PCIIIUSB, or PCV using tuning link is the best you can get without going to a standalone . . .:poke:

I beg to differ.
Can it tune upper and lower injectors? (usefull for over 215HP)
ECU Editor - Yes
PCIII - sure if you buy a second PCIII. Same with PCV, you need a second (expensive module)

Can you tune part throttle, light load conditions (using IAP)
ECU Editor - yes
Power Commander - whats IAP?

Can you pull timing or add timing?
ECU Editor - Yes
PCIII - no, unless you buy an (expensive) ignition module. The PCIIIR used to do this, but they pulled that functionality so they could charge us more.:moon:

Can you do gear compensated fuel adjustments
ECU editor - yup
PC - $300 hub will allow you to do this.

Can you run multiple maps for motor / nitrous
ECU Editor - yes
PCIII / PCV - yes if you buy hub accessory

Can you progressively control nitrous
ECU editor - yes
Power Commander - uh, no..

Can you do autoshifting
ECU editor - yes
PCIII - requires hub. Don't know about the PCV.

ECU editor is not perfect, and if you are a dyno operator, it can be slow. There are still things that could be improved, but lets be clear, in that its ability to tune is pretty damn good.

ECU editor is not perfect, and if you are a dyno operator, it can be slow. There are still things that could be improved, but lets be clear, in that its ability to tune is pretty damn good.

I would tend to agree...I think it's going to be personal preference for a while as to which way some people go.

ECU does take a much more hands on approach but does seem to offer much more tuning ability, but it does take a lot longer to fine tune. (much much easier on the $$$)

((my opinion is for my "low in comparison" HP bike :laugh:))
I feel like so far in my personal application the PCV is more user friendly.

I do believe this will vary per application.

Anyway, I did get a couple answers back from DJ...

I do not know exactly how much data logging time a 1GB SD card will provide for the LCD, but I would estimate it to be somewhere in the range of 1-2 weeks. I did calculate it once about a year ago and I remember it turned out to be waaaaaay more memory then anyone would ever need.

I see no reason, why you would need anything else. You should be able to display AFR with the LCD, Auto-tune, and PCV.

Last edited:
I beg to differ.
Can it tune upper and lower injectors? (usefull for over 215HP)
ECU Editor - Yes
PCIII - sure if you buy a second PCIII. Same with PCV, you need a second (expensive module)

Can you tune part throttle, light load conditions (using IAP)
ECU Editor - yes
Power Commander - whats IAP?

Can you pull timing or add timing?
ECU Editor - Yes
PCIII - no, unless you buy an (expensive) ignition module. The PCIIIR used to do this, but they pulled that functionality so they could charge us more.:moon:

Can you do gear compensated fuel adjustments
ECU editor - yup
PC - $300 hub will allow you to do this.

Can you run multiple maps for motor / nitrous
ECU Editor - yes
PCIII / PCV - yes if you buy hub accessory

Can you progressively control nitrous
ECU editor - yes
Power Commander - uh, no..

Can you do autoshifting
ECU editor - yes
PCIII - requires hub. Don't know about the PCV.

I respect your opinion - however, I still disagree with you. I AM a dyno tuner, and have been for over ten years. I have tuned many different fuel control units, not just the powercommander. Yes, ECU editor has features that a powercommander cannot match, and I do use ECU editor exactly for that.

If you are a dyno tuner and have used tuning link, you would know how well it works. It beats going "cell to cell" hands down. No other system I am aware of can do this. Yes, it can tune down low - from 2% throttle all the way up to 100% throttle.

For all of you "tuners" who want to trudge through their maps, not getting it right and having the bike on your dyno for six hours, God Bless.
I am just tired of hearing from people who have never tuned a bike on a dyno pop off about ECU editor's ability to tune - when it comes to TUNING, it doesn't work any better than an old PCII . . . if you have dyno tuning experience, I respect that and any opinion you may have. If you have never tuned a bike, you are just repeated what you heard . . .:whistle:

Mr. Powerhouse.
I'm sure your a good guy, and a knowledgable tuner, but if your going to call me out as a talking head so be it. Here is a real log of my own personal bike tuned by me with ECU editor with a progressive 80 HP shot. A/F is a dead steady 11.8 to 12.2 all the way up to 175 mph. I'm sure it can be done with a Power Commander, so show me a real world tuning job done by you with your PCII. Good luck, and let the best tuning tool win. BTW, tuning link is a great tool and makes the job go faster, but it doesn't necessarily do a better job.

Red is TPS, Black is RPM, Orange is N2O activation, and purple is Lambda.
052910.jpg

It's hard to believe how much tension there is between different tuning preferences these days...anyway, the executive decision has been made and I have ordered the LCD unit and data logger. It should be here on Monday.

One thing I did like about it is the fact that you can replay so much information recorded over a longer period of time.

I do race a few different types of track, but I also would like to read how it did going across the mountain and this looks like it will do the trick, we'll see...

I believe between the LCD and the Autotune it should do everything that I personally need it to do...let's hope so or you guys are going to need to be thinking about me after my wife >>> me ~!!~

If anyone is interested, I found a site that is offering quite a sale...say the word and I'll post a link. Most places are selling for $299

Dynojet
LCD Display for Power Commander V
$233.99

Lowest Price Guarantee
MSRP $299.95

Last edited:
I have used all the versions of power commanders, bazzaz, yosh box, yosh ems, and several after market secondary fuel controllers for turbo aplications, etc...
I used to use a dyno alot. Several hundred runs on a old 01 gsxr 1000 I used to own trying different aftermarket ecu's, cams, head work, nitrous, etc, etc... I still like useing the dyno once in awhile, but do most of my tuning now with data logers.
I have never personally used the tuning link software, but had one bike tuned on someone elses dyno that had tuning link software. they spent 4 hours on the dyno and shreded my new tire before realizing the power comander was bad. I have had several power comanders go bad.
I like the ecu editor very much. :thumbsup:

Mr. Powerhouse.
I'm sure your a good guy, and a knowledgable tuner, but if your going to call me out as a talking head so be it.

I am, and I am actually glad that you are . . . it is about time some tuners threw in their opinions, because as you know, everything else is bs. Although your log does look okay, the only straight line on the whole chart is the TPS. With tuning link, the procedure does go faster, the A/F line is straight, and you still sometimes have to make manual adjustments. I like ECU editor, I use it all the time, and appreciate the ability to do many things we could not do just a few years ago. ECU editor is still a work in progress, and much of what is happening with it now is based on the work we as dyno tuners are doing in our own shops . . . IMHO, it is a good tool . . . still not the "best".:laugh: Again, its like working with a PCII, which I won't even tune anymore. . .

Draco, I would say looks like your AFR is within 0.2 - 0.25 throughout the entire run, looks pretty damn impressive and flat to me bud :)

Especially considering thats with a 80 hp progressive nitrous shot. And really especially considering the AFR channel on Innovate stuff has no where near the filtering on it that a dynojet does. If you smoothed that channel a little bit and put it at the bottom of the dyno sheet you could probably put a straight edge on it.

Out of curiousity, how does the power commander do its fueling on a progressive shot?

Last edited:
That graph has zero filtering on Lambda channel. The spikes on the shift points are typical of what you see when 90 milliseconds of unburned fuel / Air / Nitrous goes through the motor between shifts.

yep yep wasn't looking at spikes, i have logged a lot of afr data on my bike's with the lc1 dl32 and know about the filtering (or lack of LOL) versus DJ dyno stuff, Draco, for craps and giggles put a little bit of smoothing on it, will look retarded flat i bet :)

Nice job as always man!

That graph has zero filtering on Lambda channel. The spikes on the shift points are typical of what you see when 90 milliseconds of unburned fuel / Air / Nitrous goes through the motor between shifts.

I'm aware of that - did you happen to log a straight pull, say maybe a fifth gear roll on from 4,000 rpm up? Either way, what you have there is probably the result of a good amount of tuning time . . .:thumbsup:

Frank I am a tuner an yes tuned with many things but the TUNING LINK IS A POS.
Period if you need 10.2 in on cell and 14.2 in the next you still have to tune it manualy.
the tuning link is for the shop that wants to have a monkey on the dyno and charge full pop

Frank I am a tuner an yes tuned with many things but the TUNING LINK IS A POS.
Period if you need 10.2 in on cell and 14.2 in the next you still have to tune it manualy.
the tuning link is for the shop that wants to have a monkey on the dyno and charge full pop

Hey Johnny - you don't know what you are taking about. Yes, sometimes some manual adjustments have to be made in order to reach targets from cell to cell, but the beauty of running up a throttle position column - as opposed to holding a bike at a certain rpm and feeding too much throttle while the dyno fights the bike and vice versa, is obvious. Just because you haven't used tuning link don't pan it. If you can't afford the software, thats your loss.

FYI, I started with Dynojet over ten years ago when there was just PCIIS, and learned how to dynotune then, from cell to cell. Been there, done that, old technology. One other thing - this forum is useful when opinions are aired, along with new products and new ideas. This can be done without name calling . . . we can agree to disagree.:laugh: I respect your opinion and your right to have it, you should do the same.

Last edited:
Well, I for one am not a professional tuner...nor would I even consider my self a tuner at all~!~

I've always used the DJ products through out the years and seem to do the job, but I have always relied on others like you all to "fight" over who wants to tune it and how.

There simply does not seem to be a "best" answer to anything on vehicles any longer, as soon as I buy one exhaust for my truck I hear from someone else that one sucks, etc, etc. Oh well, good thing I have a mind of my own I reckon (most of the time)

I simply wish to become a bit more independent on the tuning side of things and know a little more about that side of the world, have it run well, and hopefully not go bang in the process~!~

I've learned a great deal in the last few months since I made some electronic upgrades.

just keep good notes of everything you do. How different fuel adjustments effect things. Once you toss in some fancy cams you get to start over. At least by then you'll have plenty of experience self tunning the bike with your setup. :thumbsup:

Here's my new tool/toy~!~

Just gotta figure out how to mount is over the GPR...

100_2039.jpg

Back