Help Pleeeeeease! LCD unit issue

fadiizzaldin

Registered
bought the power commander 5 LCD unit, got really excited, hooked it up and Bummm no data displayed :banghead:

tried to contact PCV technical support and their answer is that i need to set it up! no instructions and no recommendations! i managed to read the AFR from the autotune but that’s it... anyone got experience with it! any help is appreciated :please:

Fadi, try this. It's kind of hard to get a good focus on the LCD unit, but hope this helps a bit.

First click guage set up.
100_2087.jpg

Then click edit on the guage you want to modify.
100_2091.jpg

Go to the channel field on the bottom of the edit page and click edit.
100_2092.jpg

Change to the channel you wish to view. Ex: RPM's would be under PCV then choose RPM.
100_2093.jpg

Then exit out, should auto save, and fire it up.
100_2094.jpg

PM me your email and I'll see if I can send you an adobe manual that I located on the set up process. It might be too large, but we'll see.

Let me know if this helps a bit~!~ :beerchug:

100_2087.jpg

100_2088.jpg

100_2089.jpg

100_2091.jpg

100_2092.jpg

100_2093.jpg

100_2094.jpg

Last edited:
PS: The RPM guage took me a couple attempts to get it right...It kept wanting to go into large decimals instead of 5 or 10 devision increments. Once you decide how high you want it to read (I chose 13,000 in 100 RPM increments you can't just choose 13 clicks...it'll read something you won't understand.

For 13,000 RPM's you have to choose 14 clicks because 0 is a click.

Sounds confusing, but you'll see what I mean when you set it up~!~

Thanks Outlawbusa, i really appreciat the help, i've copied your settings but no luck so far, when i select any PC5 channel i cant even see a 0.01 change on anything! i've sent u a PM..

Thanks again

I just sent you a manual they should have included in the original package...

My last post meant they Should include in the original package. The instructions that are included (or lack of) are very vague on the set up process and leaves a lot to be cleared up~!~

The RPM's and the TP channel should be under the PC5 channel edit options. Make sure your not choosing an RPM entry off the WB channel edit options because if I remember correctly, I believe there is one there also.

Also, something else I an wondering...you said you did get the AFR reading to work. Make sure you have the plastic jumper in the autotune box instead of the rubber plug. I don't think that's your issue since the AFR is reading, but since the AFR is working that means that it is reading your Wideband channel and maybe not sending all the information from your PCV.

If you verify all this, then I think my next step would be to verify the correct firmware for the PC5 is installed per their last update on the website. I know you said you did this, but I had a lot of trouble getting mine to install properly the first go round...

Last edited:
Back