Dyno run on new Muzzy full systemw/PC

Shibumi

Donating Member
Registered
We are in a motorcycle-performance-shop-challenged area here in NW Arkansas, damn shame with all the great roads we have!!
smile.gif

So I called my local Harley dealer who happens to have the only Dyno Jet I know of in the area, and find out they no longer dyno sportbikes. Then the actually friendly service guy suggested I just come back Wed night at Sportbike Night to get it done FREE!
super.gif
I'm down with that, so I go tonight.

First pull I did in 4th for HP, A/F results then ran flat out in 6th. Top speed with stock gearing but a 190/55 rear tire was 200.08 MPH, so now I can brag to squids that I've been on the bike at over 200!!
laugh.gif

Was a little disappointed with the HP at 147, but a bone-stock Busa with just Yosh boltons and no PC went before me and ran 143. Also I'm running right at 14.0 A/F on both pulls, so I still have some power I'm leaving on the table, no?

Here's my map, any suggestions on how much to drop the 100% column numbers and still be in a safe range?

500 0
1000 0
1500 -27
2000 -42
2500 -6
3000 23
3500 -14
4000 -20
4500 -14
5000 -11
5500 -5
6000 -2
6500 -4
7000 -6
7500 -2
8000 -2
8500 -3
9000 0
9500 0
10000 0
10500 0
11000 0
11500 2
12000 9

Dyno_Sept_2007_Muzzy.jpg

i dont think you guys in arkansas are very far from tulsa, if not there is a great tuner over here he does all sport bikes and builds pretty much everyones busas. if you want some info on him send me a pm

(DEVLDOG @ Sep. 28 2007,10:02) 200mph at 147hp? is that even possible
Obviously it is on a DYNAMOMETER!
laugh.gif

Factor in wind resistance and you will probably need about 200 HP to do it for real.
smile.gif
200.08 was with stock gearing but a 190/55 rear, the taller tire made 200 possible (6/10ths taller in diameter), with a stock 190/50 a stock bike CANNOT exceed 194 MPH no matter what horsepower you run, that is at the rev limiter. Fastest documented stockers have been 185-191 level. I repeat, it is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for a stock bike to do 200 MPH due to gearing and rev limiter, any claims are B.S.

BIG diff between that glass-enclosed booth and all that uncooperative air you have to bull through to get there, just ask all the Maxton/Bonneville peeps here...
wink.gif

I think that you are running too lean bud, that is part of the reason for the lower hp#s. Also, the bike will run significantly better if you get that A/F ratio back to about 13 / 1. 13:1 is the target A/F that you want no matter what the altitude.
beerchug.gif

(Cblast @ Sep. 28 2007,11:16) I think that you are running too lean bud, that is part of the reason for the lower hp#s. Also, the bike will run significantly better if you get that A/F ratio back to about 13 / 1. 13:1 is the target A/F that you want no matter what the altitude.
beerchug.gif
You're absolutely right, it is lean at 14:1, but I thought 13.3 was optimum?
rock.gif

I added 5 points to all grid numbers on the map, will run again next week to see if that is closer. Great map for the elevation it was written at (sea level), flat line all the way across. Knowing the tuner, I'll bet it's that way at all throttle settings!
wink.gif

That tuner should have tuned for closer to 13:1.... It is said that horsepower is made more at 12.8 and economy obtained around 13.2.... 13.0:1 down low and 12.8 up top would yield some of the better results... 14:1 on a busa engine may cause trouble for you down the road.

That tuner should have tuned for closer to 13:1.... It is said that horsepower is made more at 12.8 and economy obtained around 13.2.... 13.0:1 down low and 12.8 up top would yield some of the better results... 14:1 on a busa engine may cause trouble for you down the road.
Tuner wrote map for a different bike- he just shared it with me for lack of a local tuner.

altitude has nothing to do with it
mapping does
Sorry Johnny, nothing but respect to your mapping skills but you can't break laws of physics.

Higher altitude equals less oxygen, basic physics. A perfect Cheeseman map where you live taken to Denver will run pig-rich because of essentially less air to the fuel map you write.

Isn't the formula roughly 3 HP per 1000 feet?
rock.gif

mapping does
Sorry Johnny, nothing but respect to your mapping skills but you can't break laws of physics.

Higher altitude equals less oxygen, basic physics. A perfect Cheeseman map where you live taken to Denver will run pig-rich because of essentially less air to the fuel map you write.

rock.gif
yes but Grasshopper...................
you must lean about correction factors.
make a level playing field
corner2.png

mapping does

rock.gif
yes but Grasshopper...................
you must lean about correction factors.
make a level playing field
corner2.png
Elucidate, Sensei...
dunno.gif

corrction factor adjust for temp humidity and elevation.
as the dyno guy to print one off in "uncorrected" and you will see the light.

Back