Dunlop Q3 track tyre pressures?

Shpetz

Registered
Hi Just wondering what tyre pressures you guys are running at the track.

Hot pressures? Cold?

Dunlop suggest 32/32 cold but that is probably based on a light supersports bike.

I'm not 100 percent on them yet, but 32 / 32 cold is way too much in my opinion. More like 27 rear / 29 front.

About the only way to be sure is go out and run them and come back in and take some tire temps. Tire should be 160F or so hot off track.

Too hot off track and your pressures are probably too low. If the tire temp is cool coming off track maybe too high pressure or you are not riding hard enough to put heat in the tire.

Tires are good at communicating whats going on, we just have to listen to them.

^^^ What he said... When I ran Q2's it was 30/30 cold and forget it... The Q3's required a little less cold starting pressure, so 29F and 27R sounds about right.

I'm with Charlie. Remember not to give them what for until after a couple of laps to let them warm up - even longer if the track surface is cool.

In addition, that equates to somewhere around 31R 33F Hot so you can check them later on. Regardless of the pressure, you can also read the tire to see if you need to add or lose a little air....good luck and have fun!

Experimented with a bunch of different pressures at the track the other day.

Tried 29/27 but it felt a bit too mushy. Perhaps I just wasn't riding hard enough to get the tyres fully up to temp.

Ended up settling with 32/30 and it felt great. Next time I think ill try 32/29 though to give me a bit more confidence when rolling on the throttle mid corner.

I did 30/30 and I have a TPMS. After a couple laps I was up to 36/34, summer day about 89 degrees. After a session I was at 38/34, so I was taking air out after each session. To me if the pressure is too low you get more traction but the bike is really sluggish turning. As it gets more sluggish you have to be a better rider to keep things rolling, which I am not Lol! So I have been running 30/30.

Funny but on the street 30/30 feels terrible. I use 36/34 cold on the street.

Just put a set of Q3's on today seem sticky but will not get to use them till spring :( The Power 3 tires I just took off were so bad at hooking up I can only hope these will be better

Back