Ducati

Yeah , guess you got a point there DaCol. The wifes mini-van cost me over $30,000 . Guess I got out cheap with a Busa . What a bargain !!
wink.gif

IMO,they are like a Rolex watch,a status symbol.The 999R is a nice bike,but a gixxer 1000 will smoke it in any and all catergories.Just my opinion,got my nomex on,flame on!
laugh.gif
no flame for you because you're right, a GSXR 1000 will spank its butt.seen a couple of Ducs in town, they look pretty good and i'm glad to see the Italian bikes in the game.

imho?...Ducs are great for bragg'in rights, garage jewelery and those with more money than skill...like the guy with the "Trophy Wife"...everybody wants ta gawk at'er and ride'er once buuuuuuut...
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Ducatis are fun . THey are very narrow hence agile. Not comfortable. I kinda wish they made japanese bikes as narrow in the center to be able to tuck your legs behind the fairings.

They are not as expensive as most people think. Kinda like a used Benz. Everybody thinks they cost a fortune when you can get  a decent one for the same price as an american car.

Anyways, a regular 999 will hit you at about 15k.
a  999r goes all the way up to 30 k.
You are basically just getting 15k of extra aftermarket parts . Forks, exhaust , brakes etc.......

I would own one as a second bike after the BUSA. Mainly for track and ocassionaly canyons.

they are very easy to work on . Taking fairings off and tank etc... require twisting fasteners .

<!--EDIT|hionbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137544908 -->

1. I have a 1991 851 Superbike
2. Well, I have 85K on mine and when purchase it, it only had 1200 miles. So am I'm able to ride one...YES
3. Duc have always been called the Ferrari of motorcycles ($$$$$$). I love the way the bike sounds, the torque is a lot of fun (90 ft lbs to the rear with 120 bhp shhhhh a couple of mods). The power delivery is very linear and the best way to get going fast is to role on the throttle. It's a eye catcher but I must say the first time I fell in love with the busa was when people stop looking at my duc and walked over to look at the 99 copper that pulled up! The handling is razor sharp and the bike goes where you put it.

4. Would I by another duc over a busa no because the duc I would love to have (999R) is $30k plus and there is no way in hell I would pay that much for a bike. Hell for $6k in suspension work (wheels included) and lightening up the bike about 40 lbs same riders I think the busa will give the duc and the litre bikes a run for their money on tracks like Buttonwillow, Thunderhill and Laguna and it will leave any bike on the Willow Track (the big one) my 2 cents

IMO,they are like a Rolex watch,a status symbol.The 999R is a nice bike,but a gixxer 1000 will smoke it in any and all catergories.Just my opinion,got my nomex on,flame on!
laugh.gif
no flame for you because you're right, a GSXR 1000 will spank its butt.seen a couple of Ducs in town, they  look pretty good and i'm glad to see  the Italian bikes in the game.
I have a Rolex  
wow.gif
 and ride Ducs  
tounge.gif
, I guess I'am just a BIG STATUS SYMBOL  
slider1.gif

And no Nitrous I'am not going to  
AAAssjani.gif
you  
biggrin.gif
, how could I flame someone who served in the Branch of Service who thinks Italian Culinary Delights are Beanie Wheenies with Spaghetti in a GREEN Can  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
no flame for you because you're right, a GSXR 1000 will spank its butt.seen a couple of Ducs in town, they look pretty good and i'm glad to see the Italian bikes in the game.
I have a Rolex
wow.gif
and ride Ducs
tounge.gif
, I guess I'am just a BIG STATUS SYMBOL
slider1.gif

And no Nitrous I'am not going to
AAAssjani.gif
you
biggrin.gif
, how could I flame someone who served in the Branch of Service who thinks Italian Culinary Delights are Beanie Wheenies with Spaghetti in a GREEN Can
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Could you pass the hot sauce please?
smile.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back