Ducati

BUSAZ71

Registered
1. Anyone have a Duc ?
2. Anyone able to ride one ?
3. In your opinion what is so good about Duc ?
4. Last but not least, If you had the chance to buy a duc over a bus what would you do ?

Answers:
#1 --- Yes, 5 of'em
smile.gif

#2 --- Yes, they are wonderful in their element and the sound is Heavenly
jump9.gif

#3 --- Looks, SOUND, handling, LOOKS, SOUND and feel is magic :wizard:
#4 --- NO  
laugh.gif

#1 --- Yes, 5 of'em [/QUOTE]

Really, has anyone of the 5 been a 999s,r ?
If so how does a 30k dollar bike campare to a 12k dollar bike ?

I compared the two when shopping for my ultimate bike and ended up with the Bus

IMO,they are like a Rolex watch,a status symbol.The 999R is a nice bike,but a gixxer 1000 will smoke it in any and all catergories.Just my opinion,got my nomex on,flame on!
laugh.gif

I would own an Aprilia before a Duc. Not much difference in the two bikes other than $. I don't think I've seen anything that has the curb appeal of a bone stock Aprilia Factory! Gorgeous bike and love that twin sound. They are a little heavy but handle very well. No Duc for me but possibly an Aprilia.

At my new job, there is a DUC dealer on the 1st floor of the building. I have been passing in front of it since dec 12 and didn't enter the store yet. That 999 is nice. I am tempted but never rode one.

The sound of the Ducati is awesome yet some may disagree. As for buying a Ducati over a Hayabusa, I am not sure since they are in different leagues. ie Ducati 999 and Hayabusa. Now if the comparison was the GSXR1000 and the Ducati 999, I think I would go with the Ducati not knocking anything about the GSXR.

better have a fist full of money, buying a duc is only the START of the cash outflow. My favorite part is the valve adjustment at 1st service.....plan on spending around $600 for that one. It goes up from there. And, don't even think of missing a scheduled service. Make sure there is a dealer or certified shop close by....like owning a Ferrari. I had an Aprillia for a bit, not much cheaper.

1. Anyone have a Duc ?
2. Anyone able to ride one ?
3. In your opinion what is so good about Duc ?
4. Last but not least, If you had the chance to buy a duc over a bus what would you do ?
1. Yes I’ve had some! closest match was the ST2 but, way less power than the busa.

2. Yes, For me the Duc was better in the twisties shorter wheelbase, a little lighter, ok torque. Hurt my back a lot more.

3. Nice looking bike, corners good, unique mechanical feel and sound, its good because its different, fit and finish is spot on.

4. I would buy the Hayabusa at full retail price and consider it the deal of a lifetime.  There is no choice between the Ducati ST4s-ST3 and the Hayabusa. The Busa is far and away the better choice.  But if Tom Cruise would like to trade his 999 for my Hayabusa I’m no fool give me that 999.  

Remember when making a choice between manufactures pick bikes in the same class.
Example
Zuk Busa vs. Duc ST4S
Zuk 1k vs. Duc 999
Ect.  

Dollar for Dollar, Class against Class, Suzuki beats Ducati every time. But in my opinion the 999 is one of the best looking motorcycles I’ve seen.  If its one or the other it’s the Busa hands down but if I had a lot of extra money the 999 would be its stable mate.

<!--EDIT|Tio Loco
Reason for Edit: "Because I can!"|1137530346 -->

999.jpg

Ducati ? Am I the only poor A@# on this site ? What are you guys doing for a living ? I'm in the wrong business !
biggrin.gif

#1 --- Yes, 5 of'em  

Really, has anyone of the 5 been a 999s,r ?
If so how does a 30k dollar bike campare to a 12k dollar bike ?[/QUOTE]
No, my last was a 998. I like the 999 style, but after riding a Busa the question was answered for me. For just hauling around on the local country roads the Ducs are the answer, but for traveling (and I am doing that mostly) the Busa is at the Top of any bike for me
muscle.gif

As far as a $30,000 bike (I've never had one of them, but I did have a MV Agusta F1 for a year) compaired to a $12,000 bike I can't say. I doubt there is any difference you could feel until you get on the track and then it would probably be like day and night. That is, if each bike is compairable in the first place. But, if you want a 999 R (that's $30,000) vs a GSXR 1000 and then put $15,000 into it, then depending on the track, the GSXR would probably win. But you don't buy a Duc because the mags say it's the fastest or best bike (and they don't anyway), you buy it because of PASSION - (PRIMITIVE LUST and all that kind of stuff)  !!! Kinda like buying a Ferrari rather than a Vette. The Vette is a much better deal and probably faster in all aspects.  
umnik.gif

Ducati ? Am I the only poor A@# on this site ? What are you guys doing for a living ? I'm in the wrong business !
biggrin.gif
Ducs don't cost that much when compaired to cars, trucks or boats. Ever looked at the price of a new LOW COST auto or truck  
wow.gif
. They give you a new meaning to the word "Low Cost"  
idea.gif

Guys,

I have one of each and they are just different, one is not better than the other.

I enjoy riding them both and would not want to give up either one. They both have their strenghts and their weaknesses. My Ducati corners like its on rails and twisty mountain roads are more fun on the Ducati. It feels and handles like a 600 but has a nealy 1000 motor. You can really hit the throttle coming out of a corner and the power rolls on and pulls steadily - very confidence inspiring.

The dry clutch is music to my ears.

You wouldn't hunt ducks with a rifle and you wouldn't use a shotgun with buckshot to hunt deer. Same thing with bikes - different tools for different conditions.

Kent

Back