DRAGGIN' JEANS...

(HeloMech74 @ Feb. 21 2007,13:54) I was curious how well these jeans fit in the thighs?  I have pretty large legs, and usually only buy baggy or carpenter fit jeans to fit my legs a little better.  Standard fit jeans are a no go for me.  Can anyone give any input to the thigh fitment in any of the brands of these riding jeans.

Sorry to Hijack, but I figured it was on topic a good bit.
smile.gif
im thinking that i am jsut going to order one size bigger since i do have a big frame as well. the thing i like about the Icon Recon's is that they have the expandable material at the top of the knees which should allow the pants to stretch quite a bit for us fellas with a big frame. i am currently watchin a pair on ebay and if all goes well i will go ahead and purchase them this evening.

(TurboSN95 @ Feb. 20 2007,20:18) i ordered the camo pants in size 36... and they run tight.  I need to get 38's or lose a little bit of weight.  I just dont feel like sending them back to Australia and ordering another set, so I put them up for sale on this site in case anyone that is a 34 wants to buy them.  they are still brand new with tags.
How much you sellin for?

(GhostRiderTL @ Feb. 21 2007,11:34)
(TurboSN95 @ Feb. 20 2007,20:18) i ordered the camo pants in size 36... and they run tight.  I need to get 38's or lose a little bit of weight.  I just dont feel like sending them back to Australia and ordering another set, so I put them up for sale on this site in case anyone that is a 34 wants to buy them.  they are still brand new with tags.
How much you sellin for?

(TurboSN95 @ Feb. 21 2007,14:41)
(GhostRiderTL @ Feb. 21 2007,11:34)
How much you sellin for?
pm sent

(HeloMech74 @ Feb. 21 2007,12:54) I was curious how well these jeans fit in the thighs?  I have pretty large legs, and usually only buy baggy or carpenter fit jeans to fit my legs a little better.  Standard fit jeans are a no go for me.  Can anyone give any input to the thigh fitment in any of the brands of these riding jeans.

smile.gif
the Recons fit more along the line of a baggy style of jeans than straight leg...plus they have the expandable strip...together they work to give room for your legs to bend and tuck up on the bike...i'm 6' and down to 285 lbs. (yeah
muscle.gif
) with fairly well-muscled legs and they work very well

(semi @ Feb. 21 2007,13:43)
(HeloMech74 @ Feb. 21 2007,12:54) I was curious how well these jeans fit in the thighs? I have pretty large legs, and usually only buy baggy or carpenter fit jeans to fit my legs a little better. Standard fit jeans are a no go for me. Can anyone give any input to the thigh fitment in any of the brands of these riding jeans.

smile.gif
the Recons fit more along the line of a baggy style of jeans than straight leg...plus they have the expandable strip...together they work to give room for your legs to bend and tuck up on the bike...i'm 6' and down to 285 lbs. (yeah
muscle.gif
) with fairly well-muscled legs and they work very well
That's my problem too. I work out a bit myself, and my legs are pretty well muscled. I have always had a problem getting jeans that fit well. I usually have to order pants that are 2-4 sizes too big in the waist to get them to fit my legs, then have the waist tailored a bit to fit better. I think I will give these Recons a try. I may get a size larger to make sure.

Thanks

Okay, here we go...

I originally ordered the Draggin' Jeans from Fast Co. out of North Carolina, but they had an almost tapered fit but also about one size too big in the waist.  I wanted to return them for another size on a long term backorder...didn't want to wait so I got my money back.

I then looked into the Draggin Jeans out of Australia, even e-mailed the owner back and forth several times.  But dealing with sizing issues involving over$ea$ shipping is a big risk.

After doing a multitude of research I went with the ICON Anthem pants.  They are somewhat expensive at $110.00, but provide the most protection IMO.  You can also wear knee guards underneath them for impact protection as well.

SIZING:
The majority of reviews and notes stated they run small, even the retailer websites stated this.  In my case, I found this not to be true.  I have a 34 W, ordered a 36 and now wish I ordered a 34 so I wouldn't have to tighten up the belt so much.  Also they run high on the waist line (this is a good thing), which is what motorcycle jeans are suppose to do for protecting the waist area from exposed areas at the bottom of your jacket...put your jacket on and lift your arms and you'll see what I mean.

There is plenty of room for your thighs/legs.  Ex: I'm 6'3", 220 lbs. and don't have skinny legs and there is plenty of room. When you put regular jeans back on they'll feel like paper in comparison.

Sent to in PM as well.

I'm looking to buy a second pair of jeans and was planning on purchasing another pair of Draggins; however, you mentioned the Anthems provide the most protection. Can you elaborate on what makes them better than the Draggins. At $110 bucks the price isn't that much more...actually probably the exact same I paid for my Draggins after adding the optional CE knee armor.
I'd actually prefer a different brand/style for variety but only if the protection is just as good or better. I've never seen any comparisons or testimonials for other brands.

sandhill powersports has the anthems for $79.  now i am in debate between the Icon Recon's and the Icon Anthems....  hmmmmm

oh yea, the Recon's are on sale for $64

Back