Drag tires needed for stock wheelbase???

NINESCLUB

Registered
Anyone running stock wheel base on the quarter mile?

Looking to see if your having traction issues.

I was looking to run 200/50/17 shinko hookups but wasn't sure if I would benefit from this because I am only running stock base

Not needed . Once you go with a long arm you will need a sticky tire . Remember putting a heavier 200 series tire can hurt your 1/4 mile E.T. . More rotating weight . every size up 170/180/190/200 is usually .5 to 1 lb difference . My little SWB drag bike calls for a 180/55/17 , but I was using a 160/60/17 due to it being a 12 pound rear tire ( pilot Power ) 56.5" wheel base running 10.0's , put a 180/55 on 13.5 pound tire went to 10.10's

Are you stock motor ?

Agreed, not needed. For a Busa I've had good luck with a regular Pilot Power. You can go with a 180 or a 190, both will work, and as noted the 180 would be lighter. If you track is prepped at all you really don't a big burnout, just enough to clean the tire.

Stock motor, 17/43 gearing, full system, 165 rwhp, and weigh about 210lbs. I'm already bought 200/50/17 shinko hook-ups but debating whether to stay stock wheel base or use a 4-8" cheater arm.

Practice ! Everyone wants to go 8's 9's when there not really ready ( not saying thats you ) . Learn your bike on SWB feel the clutch slip , get good on the tree , and 60' foot . After that it gets better . FYI Shinko I call Stinko . I hear pros run them well there not getting what you buy from bike bandit . May say Stinko
but its held to a tighter tolerance for people like Ricky g. Most are out of round by 3 mm or more , heavy . I like Pilot Pure / Power ones .
Ill get off my Stinko horse now .

I was running 9.60's on a bone stock 09,stock tires and stock air in 'em too...."drag tires" are a waste of money with your set-up.

Practice ! Everyone wants to go 8's 9's when there not really ready ( not saying thats you ) . Learn your bike on SWB feel the clutch slip , get good on the tree , and 60' foot . After that it gets better . FYI Shinko I call Stinko . I hear pros run them well there not getting what you buy from bike bandit . May say Stinko
but its held to a tighter tolerance for people like Ricky g. Most are out of round by 3 mm or more , heavy . I like Pilot Pure / Power ones .
Ill get off my Stinko horse now .

Stinkos work fine for me. Tried Pilot race tires didn't see a difference. Maybe I'm not good enough to see it but I've been 8.67 on my stock motor 08 and 8.24 with a 40 shot and the bike was smooth.

Back