Don't hate me for this, just an idea

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
I have no particular post in mind, but remember it happening dozens of times in the past to posters.....you post something, someone responds with a question.....you answer it (sometimes requiring you go measure something or look up something, etc.).....the person that asked the question never even shows back up, or at least never acknowledges your response!
I'm sorry if this sounds nitpicky and none of us like being told what to do, but wouldn't it be cool if the question asker at least touches the "like" button to show an acknowledgement? OK flame away that it's none of my business! Doyle

I hate when someone has a resource and they don't give you the "hook up"...wtf

If I get something nice or done well Im gonna tell everyone who wants to know where to get it done...some newbs around here STILL don't understand that concept..:banghead:

Ya know...since were all into the hate thing:laugh::laugh:

if we are asking for folks to be polite and have manners on the internet...uhhh what world do you live in doyle?? lol

I'm sorry I didn't acknowledge your answer when I asked 'does this naked Busa make my butt look big?'

Your answer was very informative and mature.

:laugh:

ya know, sometimes something as small as this single thread will enlighten some to actually use their manners......

This is the first time I've gone down a strand and liked everything everyone said! I like that.

If ya cant pop back into a thread at least once, ya shouldn't have posted it to begin with. I don't expect someone to get in on all the stuff that gets put in a thread, as we do get carried away on occasion, but your right Doyle, a :thumbsup: can go a long way.

A long time ago in a car/truck forum that I also visit, a member (who I guess finally got fed up) actually openly "blasted" visitors who just sign up because there are in a bind (stumped with a problem, need help with parts/repairs, etc.).

He even nicknamed them as TAKERS, strangers who come to a forum with a singular purpose in mind: only to TAKE what that forum has to offer, true Mr. ONE WAY with nary a desire to give back. And to add insult to injury, most also have the "right now mentality" and get ansy/impatient if they do not get help/an answer right away and start 2-3 threads about exactly the same issue. Or post the same question in multiple subforums only to realize later on that their attempts to freeload/mooch/leech is stifled by the "regulars" who allow those threads to languish in silence.

So if/when I see a similar "behavior" here, I do not pay it that much attention anymore.

OTOH, there are members who hang around in a forum for the sense of camaraderie. They are brothers/sisters who found a home and stick together like family.....like most of the peeps here at the ORG :thumbsup:

i agree, just a simple thanks, goes a long to making someone feel appreciated that the time spent answering your post with the answer your were looking for. It is just good manners, too say thank you.

sometimes someone else has already answer or for me i dont like a comment unless i REALLY like something... like it really stands out

You guys make me so happy! (also because my wife just showed up after a 10 day loop to pick up my college daughter for Summer break) (also, cuz I just opened a high end bottle of Merlot that my friend gave me 8 months ago and I'm on glass #2) (also because I went to DMV this afternoon to get the title and plate for my Superbyke so I can ride it and DMV had NO LINE!) Doyle

Back