Donate your time

I have rode in it here in Kansas City for the last two years. Great ride with a lunch afterwards and a VERY emotional presentation by some of the kids the program has helped to treat. Will ride in it again this year. Very worthwhile event, it will make you feel good about what your doing, but bring some kleenex with you.

(GSXcite @ Feb. 07 2007,21:18) I have rode in it here in Kansas City for the last two years. Great ride with a lunch afterwards and a VERY emotional presentation by some of the kids the program has helped to treat. Will ride in it again this year. Very worthwhile event, it will make you feel good about what your doing, but bring some Kleenex with you.
Anything we should know about? Restrictions, things to bring or not bring?

(heavybusa @ Feb. 07 2007,18:27)
(GSXcite @ Feb. 07 2007,21:18) I have rode in it here in Kansas City for the last two years. Great ride with a lunch afterwards and a VERY emotional presentation by some of the kids the program has helped to treat. Will ride in it again this year. Very worthwhile event, it will make you feel good about what your doing, but bring some Kleenex with you.
Anything we should know about? Restrictions, things to bring or not bring?
Heavy, all you need is you and your bike. Corporate sponsors provide lunch. The reason I told you to bring Kleenex is that at some point during the presentation you will choke up. I can't imagine having to go through the nightmare of having a doctor tell me my child has a brain tumor. Although the treatment for children with brain tumors has improved alot over the last few years, many children do not survive the illness, and those who do face short life spans. The parents and kids express their gratatude for the effort those of us in the motorcycling community have made to find the cure. I don't know that I would have the strength to get up in front of a crowd after loosing a child, and thank people for helping other children who are fighting the illness, when all the money and research was not enough to save my child. To say it is emotional is an understatement! But if you participate, you will never miss another ride for these kids. Good on you guys for planning to attend.
beerchug.gif

(heavybusa @ Feb. 07 2007,19:45)
(VaBusa @ Feb. 07 2007,15
zzwhip.gif
) I've got a buddy that rides a Black Bird that goes every year...maybe I can do it this time around  
beerchug.gif
Maybe we can get Postal and the East coast riders to plan on this one.
You bet!! We are rescheduling the June ride to accommodate this event.

P.

jump9.gif

(Postal @ Feb. 08 2007,19:02)
(heavybusa @ Feb. 07 2007,19:45)
(VaBusa @ Feb. 07 2007,15
zzwhip.gif
) I've got a buddy that rides a Black Bird that goes every year...maybe I can do it this time around
beerchug.gif
Maybe we can get Postal and the East coast riders to plan on this one.
You bet!! We are rescheduling the June ride to accommodate this event.

P.

jump9.gif
670191D48E4440F8BF9A2DB9BD2F87BF.gif

Back