Doing my first track day at vir

Juggler

Techie Answer Guy
Donating Member
Registered
So I'm doing my first Track day at VIR (South), and I'm wondering if anyone has gone to VIR?

Any suggestions/recommendations about stuff you would do differently or the same? Not so much about the riding, but more about logistics.

Do (can) you stay overnight in the Paddock, or do you just get there VERY early? Any Busa specific gotchas related to Tech?

Thanks!

I haven't been but I am interested in going. Next year I plan to attend that advanced class they offer. Make sure you post your experience!

Best wishes!

July 8th. I'm doing the Beginner (N00b) class. I'm also toying with doing the Keith Code class in September (using their bike). http://www.superbikeschool.com/

They've got a one day class ($620), and the Grand Poobah Class (two days) is $2050. Ouch! Cha-ching...

Juggler,

I have done the Keith Code school through level 4 using their bikes and it will help your riding more than you can imagine. I have ridden for over 30 years and I have learned so much from their classes that I am taking level 4 again in June at Barber.

I can ride faster now, in more control, being relaxed and consistant that I could before the classes and I am enjoying riding more than ever.

I reccomend it and I really enjoy riding the Kawasaki 600's. They are fast and they handle great.

Kent

ksheldon,
Thanks for the info.
Now all I have to do is clear it with the wife...
rock.gif

gofast-have fun-don't forget to breathe-follow an instructor for correct line-hope that it doesn't rain---

Let's see if I have this right...

gofast..........................check
have fun.......................check
don't forget to breathe....check
follow an instructor
for correct line...............check
hope that it doesn't rain...I'll have to wait on that one (crossing fingers)

July 8th.  I'm doing the Beginner (N00b) class.  
That is the same class I am in.

Let me see if I can pull a few strings.....
vman,
The way you hang off the bike, I bet you are teaching the class! :^)

It will be good to see a familiar face.

<start of trash talk>
Even if you'll be looking at the back of my bike all day.
<end of trash talk>

Just kidding. I'm already nervous, and I'll be pulling up the rear...

I will see if I can make the trip. I want to go to VIR this year.

I dont teach the class at all. I learn as much as I can at every day I get to the track.

Juggler,

I took Keith Code's two day class at VIR last September. It was the greatest. Because of the high price there weren't that many participants. There were only 11 riders in my group. Imagine, only 11 riders on the 2.5 mile track at one time. I just did a track day at newly paved mid-Ohio and I like VIR better.

I stayed at the new lodge located trackside at VIR. It too was great. Each room has a huge jacuzzi, which is mission critical after a hot day of track sessions. I wholeheartedly recommend it.

Code's school was the first time I had ever ridden a sportbike, and the Ninja 6R was terrific, much easier to ride than a 'Busa, and much quicker through turns. VIR's front straight has got to be over a mile long. I think we were getting close to 160 MPH at the end of the straight, at which time the Ninja's extremely forgiving slipper clutch, excellent brakes and nimble handling kept me from blowing the righthander at the end. YOU will have a great time!

Back