Does a vacuum hose attach to flapper

SeaMonkey

Registered
Ok I really don’t want to put this out there but
I recently purchased a 2003 with 9,000 miles
On the way home after buying her I was having low end sputtering and basically wouldn’t idle. From previous experience I suspected clogged fuel injectors, I sent them to a shop in to Torrance cali just got them back
Report showed dripping and overall terrible spray pattern the shop did their magic and not the fuel injectors are perfect.
The problem I’m having now after they where installed is a Bog down up to 3,000 rpm but after that she runs like a rapped ape!
I’m going to install new plugs today
But I have also noticed there is no vacuum hose attached to the the flapper valve under the air box is this normal?

Thanks for the reply’s
I found the hose hooked her up
But I’m still getting a ruff idle and some bucking under 3,000 rpm
Next I’m putting in new plugs today
Hope that helps

new question
heres a pic of thebottom of my airbox
the nipple in the middle front i cant find a hose that would connect to it

EF312630-A801-4EC6-AEBB-F152B811C768.jpeg

6BE92CB7-1DAD-437B-894D-C62F6CF5386A.jpeg

Great lookin' bike! I have one similar. Glad you things sorted.

Thanks Brother
The process took three weeks and there
Where times when I was ready to take it to a mechanic
Looks like YOU are a mechanic!!
You know, never underestimate your own abilities . . along with a few pointers from us oRg members that have a ton of experience (I'm a working motorcycle tech) you will get the job done, eventually.
Also, spark plugs can misfire and cause poor running issues so easily, so always go with the basics first when addressing a problem such as you were having.
You did well getting the injectors out and sending them off to be checked . . . most people would never get in that deep, that's a 'mechanic's' territory lol.

Back