Dodge Hemi

onerabidshark

Donating Member
Registered
prolly buying a dodge with a 5.7 Hemi tommorow wondering what kinda fuel mileage you guys might know its actually getting???

My toyota tocoma   I've outgrown it LOL
need the Quad-cab and seatbelting for 5 at least

the Dodge is  an SLT,Quad cab, 5.7 Hemi with all the bells and whistles,power everything,crome running boards fancier wheels

if I buy I'll get pics up as soon as possible

Checkout a GM truck. The Chevy Silverado is much better for fuel mileage. With the active fuel management, my 2wd 5.3L gets 24mpg with 350HP.

I'm wasn't a GM guy, and still ain't. I liked the Dodge's and Nissan's more, but after looking around i've come to realize that GM has the best motor offering.

I was refering to the 03-06' body style. I'm still on the fence about the new 07' style.

yeah I like the chevy motor also but they are to overprices here so for the fuel and what I'm gettin this dodge for I really can't see it, if you know what I mean you know how that location determines prices LOL I'd rather have the gmc front end not fond of the chevy look on the nose anymore looks weird my boss has a new gmc and it looks and runs great

I'm not easy from stop lights or stop signs, but I get 15-16 around town. It will push 19-20 all highway if it's flat, and 9 when I'm towing the boat
SHOCKED.gif

I've had 2 hemi's and both were the same, although if your looking new you'd be getting the new engine management deal and that would help depending on your driving style. There's better economy out there, but I love me Dodge's and love the power of the Hemi, especially when the boats on the back.
beerchug.gif

if you want a pull truck get the gmc duramax the cream of the crop. ours get around 18/20 pulling a trailer.
but the hemi truck is super sweet i can not blame you on choosing it.

(onerabidshark @ Jan. 24 2007,14:43) prolly buying a dodge with a 5.7 Hemi tommorow wondering what kinda fuel mileage you guys might know its actually getting???

My toyota tocoma I've outgrown it LOL
need the Quad-cab and seatbelting for 5 at least

the Dodge is an SLT,Quad cab, 5.7 Hemi with all the bells and whistles,power everything,crome running boards fancier wheels

if I buy I'll get pics up as soon as possible
Sounds like a really nice truck, post up pics if you buy it! I keep thinking about a quad cab when my lease is up. My decision will also depend on gas mileage. I am tired of paying so much in just gas every week.

06 Dodge Mega Cab 4X4 2500 13.2 on the highway cruising an average speed of 85 loaded with 1000# of driver, tools and parts in the truck 24/7
When towing my 3500# trailer with a car on it she drops to 10.3 @ 75 mph

ONLY drawback is that the Mega cabs only come in short beds.

I did some calculations when getting ready to buy this truck a few months ago. Was contemplating a diesel until I did the math. After a lot of mathematical calculations I came to the conclusion that I would have to drive 90,000+ miles to break even for the price difference between the gas and Diesel. My Hemi does just fine...

I just got a new '07 Titan. With a mix of driving, I'm getting around 15. Still only have 2,500 miles on it, but from what I understand, it's similiar to the hemi.

I did some calculations when getting ready to buy this truck a few months ago. Was contemplating a diesel until I did the math. After a lot of mathematical calculations I came to the conclusion that I would have to drive 90,000+ miles to break even for the price difference between the gas and Diesel. My Hemi does just fine...[/Quote]

Curious as to what you paid. I bought a fully loaded Laramie edition Dodge Ram 3500 Dually with the 5.9L Cummins for about $36K new. It gets about 18mpg whether towing or not and about 14mpg around town.

hwy 20mpg+/-
city = never over 15 ...
towing my 6x12 vnose ... 10 to 13.

all depends on how much foot you put into it.

My 05 gets better mileage than my dad's 06 w/MDS.

Back