Do you use the water???

money mike

Registered
Who uses the water to break tread? I'm always worried that some will still be there and i'll break traction later down the track???
So let's hear it!!!

Who uses the water to break tread? I'm always worried that some will still be there and i'll break traction later down the track???
So let's hear it!!!

If I am reading this correctly, I always heard that the best lubricant for tires to asphalt was water. Do you use this to soften for grip?

I back to the edge of it, give it slight spin and then pull forward to where it is just dry.

Don't sit in the water and spin the tire.

And roll out of the burnout, don't let it stop and the ride forward, you are just rolling thru the crap that came off the tire

I back to the edge of it, give it slight spin and then pull forward to where it is just dry.

Don't sit in the water and spin the tire.

And roll out of the burnout, don't let it stop and the ride forward, you are just rolling thru the crap that came off the tire
Sounds like great advice... thanks!!!

If I am reading this correctly, I always heard that the best lubricant for tires to asphalt was water. Do you use this to soften for grip?
Water is used to help the tire spin during the burnout. Not required unless you are running a slick, but helps out with a street tire.

I know Ludicrous does this, and I do also, go around the water without getting your front tire in it, then back down into it. Last thing you want is water in the treads down track.....
Im water boy but im running a shinko slick really a road race slick but it hooks.
I would never let mt front get wet ether I always do mine in 2nd

toast

Last edited:
I'm no pro drag racer, and have only made a few bike passes over the years. Aside from the great advice to back into the water, if you roll the bike side to side instead of keeping it upright, you'll have no need to worry about any water left on the rear tire.

I'm no pro drag racer, and have only made a few bike passes over the years. Aside from the great advice to back into the water, if you roll the bike side to side instead of keeping it upright, you'll have no need to worry about any water left on the rear tire.
Lean it over while you're burning it also, will heat the whole tire quicker......

Back