Do you know this busa in New York?

It kind of looks to good to be true. I'd hat to say make the trip and it be a bunch of BS, but on the other hand, it would suck to miss out on a great deal. I'm leaning more to the BS side though.

well right off the bat there's an issue. I opened the link and the frame on that busa in the picture is not a 2006. They were black.

The guy mentioned that Powerhouse did the engine. Perhaps Frank can shed some light on this bike. He's an active board member and he might remember the N2o bike that made 250+ hp on the juice. Can't hurt to ask. :thumbsup:

well right off the bat there's an issue. I opened the link and the frame on that busa in the picture is not a 2006. They were black.

I'm confused now. Were only certain colors in 06 black frames? Mine is an 06 and I have silver too. Still working on trying to tell the years by the little details.

IIRC, the white 06 LE came with a black frame and the rest had silver (non-LE?).

!B5gIEdwBmk~$(KGrHqEOKkUEyM+zgniJBMt3GJR4Lg~~_12.JPG

Last edited:
All years up to 07 have silver frames other than the limiteds for each respective year. In 07 and newer Busas they all have black frames.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like an honest deal to me. Don't know what the reserve is set at though. He mentioned he did not have receipts for the mods but does he have the title to the bike ?

That is 06 bodywork and the frame color for that color bodywork matches. Ask him to send pics of the vin plate and make sure all numbers match. Ask him what the reserve is set at to see what he wants to get out of the bike.

its not terribly far from a number of members on long island, about 2-2.5hrs from me but I just don't have time to make the trip prior to the end of the auction. Perhaps IG or some of the other locals can go have a look for you?

I live in Wantagh. Just give me a phone number, and I can go take a look, and report back.

Let me know what specifically you want me to look at besides the obvious overall inspection and sanity check. I don't promise to ride the bike - I wouldn't let anyone riding my bike unless they give me cash in hand. I will take a camera, and if the seller doesn't mind, I will take pictures.

I have a feeling it's legit.

Last edited:
sounds right to me, its on a reserve so it could be 10 grand the frame is correct color my 2007 started the black frames I do think the colors are right I believe its red/black/ blue/black and grey and black for 2006,2007 was soild colors red, blue, black

If the guy was changing the oil every 600miles then he's a moron. You should consider that when looking into this bike. Check to see if it has dual batteries. You need to find out what exactly was done to it. If the engine breaks you need to know what your working with. If the guy doesn't know anything, I'd assume it's a stock engine with a nitrous kit. Better yet, I would walk away.

Says the wife has the receipts for the motor work. If he really wants to sell it, he'll find a way to get the receipts to you. Couldn't be more than a phone call away... I mean, really.

Doesn't seem like a scam, just some guy who's not an ebay fanatic tryin to sell his bike.

The feedback, and for the most part the ad (minus the divorce, and I'm very good about keeping my receipts in a big fat hayabusa labeled binder) would look similar if I tried to sell my bike on Ebay.

If the guy was changing the oil every 600miles then he's a moron.

3 months or 3k miles, like a car. Maybe he only rode 200 miles a month? For it being an 06 the mileage actually averages out to about 173 miles per month.

16 May 2005 ... Hayabusa. Join Date: Oct 2004. Posts: 13649. Re: Busa "Hump Mod"- in a kit! ... New York City. Motorcycle: Hayabusa. Join Date: May 2005 ... Months ago I went through so much frustration trying do the hump mod, that I said to .... I also carry cycle pump with me .

Back