do muzzy F/S sound deep or tinny?

rdwarrior

Registered
Hey guys, I never heard a full muzzy 4 into 1 on a BUSA so I dont know if they sound deep or tinny sounding? I bought a good used full muzzy on ebay and the guy told me he took out the packing in the rear portion of the canister, he said it sounds awsome?, Maybe to him, to me it sounds tinny and pretty loud. My wifes yoush TRS slipon sounds perfect on her FZ1. Buy since most people here seem to like the muzzy I went for it. So do you guys think its just because some or maybe all? of the packing is out of it? I also installed the BMC filter and block off plates and left the air box stock for now and I noticed a lowed loss and of course the fueling doesent seem rite,I dont want to sacrafice the great lowend this bike has, one of the reasons I traded in my new 06 FZ1, was because even with all the mods I did to it, my wifes modded 02 FZ1 would run away from it under 4,000 rpms (plus other reasons). So I guess ill be getting a PC3 this week or next, any one got a great map for a full muzzy,bmc drop in,smart tre, and blockoffs? Thanks.

all the muzzys i have heard sound good. they have not been modified like that.
put the packing back in and see if you like it better.
the pc and a good map should help you out alot.

PM sent, you need the PC and Ive got your problem solved
super.gif

(thepushercg @ Dec. 18 2006,16:53) all the muzzys i have heard sound good. they have not been modified like that.
Im ordering a good high temp packing kit tommorow, should get it by the end of the week,Ill let you guys know if it gets deeper sounding.

(GSXTacy @ Dec. 18 2006,16:59) PM sent, you need the PC and Ive got your problem solved  
super.gif
I want to keep the SMART-TRE installed, so if you got a map with the muzzy full system,STRE,BMC filter and stock box,ill try it out when the PC3 gets here next week. Thanks.

(rdwarrior @ Dec. 18 2006,19:10)
(thepushercg @ Dec. 18 2006,16:53) all the muzzys i have heard sound good. they have not been modified like that.
Im ordering a  good high temp packing kit tommorow, should get it by the end of the week,Ill let you guys know if it gets deeper sounding.
well I finnaly got the packing in today and packed that stuff in the silencer, now im happy again, nice and deep and alot quieter, doesent sound like a fast and furious car with a coffe can out back,LOL.

if you like the sound that is all that matters.
i am glad it worked out for you.

Back