Do I need a PCIII w/ new exhaust?

Devil Dog

Donating Member
Registered
Do I absolutely need a PCIII w/ a new exhaust? Planning on a Ti Force Full titanium. Really would like to wait a few months before I get the PCIII.....money is a little tight.... Is this doable?

Would not recommend it. I would buy the PCIII(USB) first, install it then purchase the exhaust when you have the money

If you purchase the Exhaust first without the PCIII it probably will not run right.

And you could always take it to a tuner, but a tuner will charge you a few hundred dollars AND I believe they have to mess with the computer and make permanent changes, it is better to have it tuned with a PCIII in the bike anyway.

The best bet is to purchase everything at the same time, places like Veltune, you can purchase the full exhaust, PCIIIusb and they provide the map that will work with the exhaust system you are purchasing

Just my .02

Would not recommend it. I would buy the PCIII(USB) first, install it then purchase the exhaust when you have the money

If you purchase the Exhaust first without the PCIII it probably will not run right.

And you could always take it to a tuner, but a tuner will charge you a few hundred dollars AND I believe they have to mess with the computer and make permanent changes, it is better to have it tuned with a PCIII in the bike anyway.

The best bet is to purchase everything at the same time, places like Veltune, you can purchase the full exhaust, PCIIIusb and they provide the map that will work with the exhaust system you are purchasing

Just my .02
So If I go that route....meaning pre-mapped, I can just install and ride, No tuner needed?

I got a full yosh system, no PC, runs a little rich, but no problems. A PC will definitely make it run stronger, but I've put 3k on mine since I've had it, (8k total on bike) without issues.

Just my .02
So If I go that route....meaning pre-mapped, I can just install and ride,    No tuner needed?
Yep.

I cut my own exhaust and purchased my PCIIIusb from Johnnycheese.

I told him what I had and he preloaded a map he "thought" would work, and it has worked fine.

Never been to a tuner.

As far as I know if you purchase the system from Veltune for example, yeah, plug and play, they already have a map made and preinstalled on the PCIII for the exhaust system you are purchasing from them.

No you don't.I installed a Tsukigi full system and went to a tuner, After he ran it threw the dyno he did air box mod and connected a yoshimura computer to make adjustments got 13 HP, Not bad

I went to veltune.com and got to a webpage with no options....whats the homepage for Veltune?

Odd though, I just went to his web site and it has changed and I dont see any links to purchase anything from him..

Hey WARBABY!! you still selling systems?

Here is Brock's web site, if you cant get them through Veltune for some reason, and if there are no other sponsors here that sell them, Brock has a dealer list link

As long as you are looking for a system, try your hand at the raffle, who knows, you might win!!
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121773436 -->

I wouldnt say a PCIII is NEEDED but it definitely IS nice. Smoothness in the power delivery will suffer a bit, but nothing that couldnt wait til you save up another $300-400 for a PC.I would, however, definitely go with the PAIR mod block-offs from Brock's with a new pipe.  Get rid of the snap crackle pop youll likely get (which only gets worse and worse with more miles on the new pipe). If for no other reason than to avoid the embarassment of the sound similar to lighting off a brick of firecrackers in a 55 gallon steel drum when decelerating from high revs and the occassional 3 ft flame out the tailpipes!!

Well I'm living in San Diego now......remember the fires from about 20 months ago, not a good thing around here. I live in an area that was less than 1/2 mile from the blaze. No flames for me
firedevil.gif

I agree with Thrasher (big ups Ron!) I thin the waty to go is with the PC first, you can change the map to match whatever system you end up with. There is a great tuner in my area (no body else touches Bessie) and he ran her on the dyno. Wonderful. Besides, the PC can increase performance without having to pay for the full system. Go with the raffle man, ya never know. Ya might get lucky!

Hey Devil Dog another route you can take for now is find a Factory Pro tuning center close to you and have them remapp you stock computer until you can get the PC, but honestly if you can find someone with a Factory Pro Teka unit you won't need a PC. I know this because I have one and I tuned my own bike and did not have to buy a PC. If there is a Factory Pro tuning center close they should have the Teka unit and that unit can program as many bikes as they want to with it, check out their website here is the link.

http://www.factorypro.com

Back