DNGrumpy's ride almost done, the numbers

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
Wow, A BIG thanx to GIXERHP for hooking me up with the deal.  I cannot give specifics of what I paid for parts or the labor but I got an awesome deal and helped out another BUSA rider at the same time (somebody needed stock virgin jugs).  Thanx also to NHTurboBusa.

She got a JE 1397 HC upgrade, Web intake cam, stock intake cam swapped to the exhaust side, small airbox mod, PC3 USB, break in,custom mapped, HINDLE stepped race header, supposed to be a HINDLE black Megacone and mid but they are not in yet so he got me a regular HINDLE can so I could get her home..., PAIR block off, dual battery for 24V starting, dual fans with MUZZY blades, cleaned up wiring fustercluck in my tail (intercom etc), new color keyed body fasteners, Frame sliders, Oil change after break in and DYNO, swapped to MOBIL synthetic and a complete detail...  I may have forgotten some stuff!!!

Anyhow, I took her for a spin when I got home last night and Holy Crap I need to relearn the bike, I will likely kill myself if I don't learn to be gentler(?) with the throttle.  She just breaks loose with the slightest throttle twist  
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

After mapping (which will be redone with the Megacone and 500 or so miles) she spit out 191.5 HP and 110.9 ft lbs.  The DYNO was not up and running for a true before but we all know where they normally fall, she was untouched with 4K on the clock.  I did pull a 164 HP on a different DYNO last summer...

Stock gearing and no TRE

Thanx John, I owe you big, so big I might even destroy the "Flower" pictures from FL, Nah, But I won't tell where they are posted...  
biggrin.gif

Grumpy

JE1397_DYNO.jpg

smile.gif

smile.gif

sounds sweet, but only one thing. your starting system should still be 12v. your batterys should be hooked up parrallel + to +, - to - and then 1 + to starter and one - to starter ground. If it is hooked in series which is + to - and then 1 + to starter positive, 1 - to starter ground you would be 24v. Which without a 24v starter and all the rest of the electrical components would = alot of smoke.

Well now stop working in your yard and go ride the bike!!

Have fun!
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

Hey, explain the starting system...

$627 F-ing dollars on landscape timbers AAAAAGGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All this so I can have another 400ish sq ft of driveway to take care of... Oh yeah and $3200 to fix the driveway that the foundation company destroyed...

Your starting system is probably fine wired for 24v(do search). But when you do the search you will find you will have charging issues. I cant wait till the Cali weather gets sorry this winter to install a 1397. I am curious how much of a difference the web intake makes over the stock intake as I already did the exhaust cam swap.

Main battery charges as normal, second battery needs to be hooked up to a tender every once in a while to keep it up to snuff, it is not hooked into the charging system at all. My bike stays plugged in most of the time anyway when not in use...

Took it for a 30 or so mile stomp and WOW what a difference. She pulls like there is no tomorrow. Find a little stumble but she won't be fully tuned until I get more miles and the Megacone.

John I am sorry, I got bugs all over it...

(DNGrumpy @ May 06 2007,16:56) Main battery charges as normal, second battery needs to be hooked up to a tender every once in a while to keep it up to snuff, it is not hooked into the charging system at all.  My bike stays plugged in most of the time anyway when not in use...

Took it for a 30 or so mile stomp and WOW what a difference.  She pulls like there is no tomorrow.  Find a little stumble but she won't be fully tuned until I get more miles and the Megacone.

Well you better clean it before Americade!!!

Heres the original post!

Congrates on the #s !! I can't wait till I get mine done , hopefully next winter!

(GIXERHP @ May 06 2007,17:53)
(DNGrumpy @ May 06 2007,16:56) Main battery charges as normal, second battery needs to be hooked up to a tender every once in a while to keep it up to snuff, it is not hooked into the charging system at all.  My bike stays plugged in most of the time anyway when not in use...

Took it for a 30 or so mile stomp and WOW what a difference.  She pulls like there is no tomorrow.  Find a little stumble but she won't be fully tuned until I get more miles and the Megacone.

Heres the original post!  
wow, intersting thanks. I still have a couple questions for someone please. wouldnt you still get a 24v spike to everything else electrical when the solenoid closes and why wouldnt the 12v solenoid go up in smoke?

(marlboroman71818 @ May 06 2007,23:22)
(GIXERHP @ May 06 2007,17:53)

Heres the original post!  
wow, intersting thanks. I still have a couple questions for someone please. wouldnt you still get a 24v spike to everything else electrical when the solenoid closes and why wouldnt  the 12v solenoid go up in smoke?
No you will not get a spike, from the 24 volt, the bikes electonics only gets 12 volts, the stater is the only thing that gets 24 volts, and only when the starter button is pressed!

Ive done this on several builds, and have never had a problem with it.
My bike can sit in traffic and be as hot as it can get, and it will still start!
Also the solenoid will not go up in smoke, cause is seeing half of the amperage!

24 volt start for three year....why did I ever wait
Now I am low compression turbo so I don't need it

BTW
the starter is the only thing that sees 24 volts
and a REALLY smart boardmember of another site checked his busa with a ampmeter The 24 volts took less amperage to fire up, according to him

dagrumpy....now take the HP increase you just felt and multiply it by three or so.....turbo for you in a year or so??

I keep hearing the story about being passed while you were in a 3rd gear wheelie while "somebody" was balls out in 3rd...

you know I am never gonna live that one down LOL
I just picked the turbo up from tuning
and REALLY didn't think at 4 over It would do that in third
man it cam up violently
and my POS teather shut it down hard, my nuts were sore for a week

DNGrumpy, what web cam are you running? Were you able to buy it by itself (one cam)? Who did you buy it from and how much?
I am having a hard time convincing myself to wait till winter to do this mod. It does get real hot here in central California to ride in the summer. Maybe I can talk myself into a little downtime. I had a 01 Gixxer 1k that put down 172 to the rear, it was a monster. I hope 195 to the rear of my Busa will satisfy my junkie ass hp cravings
laugh.gif

Yes you can buy a single. GIXERHP tracked down all the parts. If he chimes in he can give you the specs and where to get it although it took some searching to get that one. I am drawing a blank and the box and spec sheets are still in my truck...

(DNGrumpy @ May 07 2007,05:26) I keep hearing the story about being passed while you were in a 3rd gear wheelie while "somebody" was balls out in 3rd...
Yeh blah blah blah!!!
Dont rub it in!

The Cam is a Web 378/330, Orient Express sells them seperatly.

Back