Ditching the radiator?

01smokes

Registered
I'm thinking of ditching the radiator on my turbo gen2. It's pretty much a track only bike at this point and who am I fooling saying I'm gonna ride it. I ain't gonna ride this lol.
So my question is to you guys that have done it or have looked into doing it. We're you able to make a pass and ride back to the pits with it or were you having to get pushed back to the pits?

Don't plan on riding up to the line or riding back. You will need a push. Might as well go full slider now!
Ya I'm hesitant on not being able to ride it back lol. Maybe I'll just drain the coolant out of it one day and see how hot I get it after a pass and back to the trailer. And ya I'm probably gonna get real aggressive with the MTC lol
I'm still bone stock engine. That's way way not needed for me yet lol. Baby steps for me. Maybe in a couple years I'll get a billet block lol

ive seen some drag set ups on atvs where you ditch the radiator and just run some hose with an inline thermometer to circulate enough water to make a pass and ride back to pits. mount the thermo so u can see the temps and know when to shut it off.

866D40FA-3751-423E-A493-C70851D61288.png

If you run methanol you should be able drive it with no cooling system. But also depends on what the track is like. You could park at the end of the track. Ride the bike to the lanes to get heat in the motor. But every track lay out is different.

Back