difference between R and RZ

Ban-One

Registered
Was at the dealer today and the guy asked me if my Busa was a R or RZ? He said that one is more of a touring bike? Huh???

I was looking on a site for parts and saw the ssme thing, whats the difference? I tried to google for the answer but all that came up was LE or the 40th edition.

z usually means limited or special edition, but I think all 08 have z's?
Possibly due to black frames????
Maybe someone who knows for sure will chime in.

z usually means limited or special edition, but I think all 08 have z's?
Possibly due to black frames????
Maybe someone who knows for sure will chime in.

Yep. Just the limited models each year....until 2007 only one bike each year had a black frame. That, and the body colors were the only differences between busas. In any given market under any year, all the bikes were exactly the same. No such thing as a 'touring' or 'sport' version.

Last edited:
technically they are all considered touring bikes....although only a few of us use them that way, the rest of us ride them like we stole them....
no difference between the r/rz other then color scheme/frame
now go back and tell that idiot you know 2,500 people on Hayabusa.org that disagree with him
:poke:

We just went through this. As far as I could find RZ is the LE. So other than fairing color and $200 added to the price. Not a lot. Just my opinion and not trying to pizz LE owners off. Those bikes are special.

Back