dies when down shifting

DocDrop

Hooch Master
Donating Member
Registered
i have a 05 Busa and i noticed today it started dieing on me when i was coming to a stop sign. It happended like 3 times to me on the way home which was not a good feeling. the last time it did die it was not wanting to cfack like a battery problem. It would not turn over normal real sluggish. I let it stand for a second then tried it again then it spun over fine. What do you guys think it could be. I jsut turned 1k miles on it on the way home. Have you all had any problems like this.

Seems to be a problem with all the 05's, but it's an easy fix. Set your idle at about 11 or 1200 and it should be fine.

Remove the two bolts that hold the seat on and remove seat

Remove the two bolts at the front of the gas tank and lift the tank, prop it up with the bar that is located under the hump.

On the right side of the tank you will see the idle screw along with the throttle cables.

Turn the idle screw in a tad and maybe put a dab of lock tight on it so it will stay where you adjust it to.

Set to around 1150.

my 05 did the samething last week. I did adjust the idle( it had dropped to about 800rpm). Runs great now.

Remove the two bolts at the front of the gas tank and lift the tank, prop it up with the bar that is located under the hump.

On the right side of the tank you will see the idle screw along with the throttle cables.

Turn the idle screw in a tad and maybe put a dab of lock tight on it so it will stay where you adjust it to.

Set to around 1150.
Thanks Bro,
This site is the sh*t..

Thanks Bro,
This site is the sh*t..
its not that bad, is it?
rock.gif

Set to around 1150.
Ok so it doesnt sound bad to get to, i'll go out to the shop after i get her warmed up and bring the idle back to where it is supposed to be. Once again thanks alot guys for the info.

Back